Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Telling your kids

Posted by   + Show Post
For those with other children, how and when did you tell them?

Mine are 4 & 7. We have not told them yet.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:21 AM
Replies (11-20):
smurfy88
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:03 PM

My daughter is 5, I have my first doctor appointment on Monday and if everything goes well I will tell her when she gets out of school.

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Bump! 

lovinmybaby1105
by Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:34 PM
I have a dd that is 7 and a dd thay is 3. When I found out I was preggo with my second dd I was about 8 weeks. Already had a ultrasound to confirm and heard heartbeat. Well me and hubby and dd all went out to eat at pondarosa. My hubby told our dd that mommy has a baby in her bell and shes gonna b a big sissy. Well she.was so excited that she grabbed my shirt and up it went and she kept saying where is it(the baby).
Laulaulu321
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:35 PM
My little guy is 4 and I'm not pregnant but he wants me to be so ill tell him right away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
victoriahearts
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:37 PM

My son is 5 yo and figured it out by himself, I had pretty bad morning sickness for weeks, and he remembered my sisters having it , so one day he asked me " when is my little brother or sister going to get here?" so at that point I admitted to being pregnant and explained it to him.

YzmaRocks
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:38 PM
We just told them. They are so young yet that they don't really care, lol
RADmomma
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:12 PM

I honestly think DD knew before I did. LOL. She kept talking about being a big sister and how much she really wanted a little sister. Then it turned into...Im going to be a big sister. We told her yeah someday... and kinda just brushed it off... well a few days later AF didnt show but 2 lines on the test did. So we talked to her about the whole big sister role until we got it confirmed at 8 weeks.... but she knew. When we told her that I have a baby in my belly.... she just looked at us like... umm yeah I have been telling you that for weeks now. LOL then a little while later it sunk in and she was so excited. She was great at keeping it a secret. She even came to the genderscan with us and kept that a secret too

summerbear
by Rachel on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:13 PM
My oldest (11) knew about this one as soon as I tested. She walked in the bathroom just as I was looking at the test and. I couldn't help but smile a really cheesy smile.. she knew. With the other 2 we waited til I knew for sure around 14 weeks before we told her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bethany0199
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:17 PM

mine is 11 and my bf and i told my son and his at the same time.. im 8 weeks now...of course my 11 yo boy didnt beleive the news and has even requested documentation...lol...i think sooner so that theyll have time to adjust

angelmj
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:31 PM

I told my 4 year old when I was just starting to show and she did not fully understand yet so I sat her down and we watched a baby story. She actually sat there with me and watched the whole thing and payed attention. Now she is touching my tummy and the other day she put a sticker on my chest and said one for mommy and one on my tummy and was like one for baby. It was so cute, I say the sooner you tell them the better.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN