Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Telling your kids

Posted by   + Show Post
For those with other children, how and when did you tell them?

Mine are 4 & 7. We have not told them yet.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:21 AM
Replies (21-27):
RhondaVeggie
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:51 PM
Mine is 7 and he told me. I wanted to wait till 12 weeks but he's a smart kid and wants to be a dr when he grows up. When I was 8 weeks he started talking about babies and saying he wanted me to have one. I tried to change the subject but he kept going back to it. Then he started giving me instructions including "you just need to get dad to put his sperm in your uterus" at which point I'm thinking I should just tell him. Then he got a sly look on his face and said "Unless of course there's already a baby in there." Little brat was just trying to torture me! I asked him why he didn't just come out and ask me and he said that wouldn't be fun.
AidanCamsMom
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:03 PM

My other kids are 7, 5, and 2. My 5 and 2 year old were with me at the appointment and ultrasound (since they couldn't find the heartbeat). I told my oldest when I told my inlaws-they had picked him up from school because my appointment ran late. I showed my oldest the ultrasound and he figured it out right away and jumped up and down for a good 10 minutes!

MichaelsMom0711
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:39 PM
my son was the first one i told, even before my SO! but he is 16 months old and thats only because he sits outside the bathroom door like a little sad, lost baby whenever i am in there and when i was in there longer than usual while taking the hpt he was really sad! but when i told him hes going to be a big brother he said no and ran to get his toy truck for me to play with him!
RMslady
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:02 PM
My kids are 2 (almost) and 4. The youngest probably wont understand but my 4 year old has been telling me ' mommy you should have 2 more babies!' I found this adorable book called "Where Did That Baby Come From" I am ordering it next week and I will explain it when it gets here :-)
jazzylady88
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:48 PM

we told my son (he's 3) at about 2 months...and weve been talking to him about it everyday just so he isn't suprised by it...and he brings it up now all the time...we just put in bold how hes going to be such a great  big brother..hes excited!

Plus-size-mommy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Our son is 7, we had received a gift card to the Red Lobster so we took him out to dinner and gave him a card. It said "Congrats" on the outside and on the inside we wrote "You're going to be a big brother!" He was so excited!! I was around 8 weeks when we told him, I wish we would have waited because I landed in the hospital a week later and we almost lost the baby, but things are fine now!!

butterflycircle
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:40 PM

With my last pregnancy I was 18-20 weeks when we told our 4 yr old. We took her to the u/s with us and she found out there. 

This time we told our (now) 7 yr old and 2 yr old at 8 weeks 5 days. We showed our daughter the u/s pic and asked if she knew what it was she said "a baby?.... WE'RE GETTING A BABY?!?!?!" lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)