Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

car seat question

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:03 AM
  • 15 Replies

So i took dda carseat apart. I needed to wash the cover and im trying to reposition straps where its correct. What slot do i put the straps in over shoulders and also between her legs? Shes not home, shes over grandmas for the week so i figured i can clean and adjust the seat while shes gone.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama-smurf
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Not much better view. This was taken abt year ago when she was released from hospital.
mama-smurf
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:25 AM
Bump
B1Bomber
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:48 PM

There should only be one slot for the bottom strap (at least there is on my son's carseat), and in a forward facing position, the shoulder straps should be in the lowest slot that is above her shoulder height.

mama-smurf
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:24 PM
Theres 3 slots amd thank you. What if strap barely below her shoulder do i have to the next strap?

Quoting B1Bomber:

There should only be one slot for the bottom strap (at least there is on my son's carseat), and in a forward facing position, the shoulder straps should be in the lowest slot that is above her shoulder height.

ilovekaydennnn
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 4:04 AM
U should always make sure the strap should touch her shoulder..nnd u should just wipe the carseat dwn the padding nnd all that has a special chemical on it..
Allie_kat1
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 4:12 AM
If she is under the weight limit, she should still be rearfacing, and the straps would need to be below her shoulders. If she will be forward facing, they need to come from above. The straps always need to be tight enough that you cannot pinch any extra at the shoulder, and the chest clip at armpit height.

As for cleaning the seat, the cover can be machine washed on delicate, and air dryed, it cannot be put in the dryer as that will mess with the flame retardant, and possibly cause the cover to shrink and not fit the seat correctly. The straps can only be wiped down with a damp cloth, and must never be submerged in water. Being submerged in water weakens the webbing of the straps and could cause them to fail in an accident.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heatherd09
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 5:06 AM
I have no idea but I must say, she is super cute!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama-smurf
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:13 AM
Shes over a year and weight limit. Shes 28 lbs and will be 2 in feb. Thanks for the help. I never threw straps in water i use wipey to clean them.

Quoting Allie_kat1:

If she is under the weight limit, she should still be rearfacing, and the straps would need to be below her shoulders. If she will be forward facing, they need to come from above. The straps always need to be tight enough that you cannot pinch any extra at the shoulder, and the chest clip at armpit height.

As for cleaning the seat, the cover can be machine washed on delicate, and air dryed, it cannot be put in the dryer as that will mess with the flame retardant, and possibly cause the cover to shrink and not fit the seat correctly. The straps can only be wiped down with a damp cloth, and must never be submerged in water. Being submerged in water weakens the webbing of the straps and could cause them to fail in an accident.

mama-smurf
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:14 AM
Thank you. Ignore the haor. She wasnt having it that day lol

Quoting heatherd09:

I have no idea but I must say, she is super cute!

Jacylove
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:53 AM
There should be a manual that comes with the seat, it tells u how to take apart for cleaning & put bk together, well mine does the manual is in a slot on the seat...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN