Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Any Advice???

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:19 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hey ladies! I have had a terrible headache for the past 3 days. It is so bad, I can feel my heart beating through the top of my head and behind my eyes. I have taken Tylenol, but it doesn't help much at all. Last night, I took a hot shower and just stood under it for a while. That seemed to ease it off, but unfortunately I can't stand in the shower all day. lol Any of you ladies gone through this? What could I do to ease it off? Do I need to call the dr? Thanks! :)

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:34 PM

When I have headaches that are longer then one day and things I try have not worked. I see my chiropractor and/or massage therapist. I hope you feel better soon. 

You can try a cold compress over the top of you forehead and rest in a dark room. 

rachelrothchild
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Chiropractor

Ludvik_Smith
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Eww that's not fun! I take Ibuprofen (Advil) for headaches, I find that works better, for me anyway, than Tylenol.

My mom suffers from migraines regularly and she said that Excedrin migraine works well for her...of course at the moment I can't really remember what you can and cannot take while pregnant so that would be something to look into. 

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Are you hydrated?

kimbral3
by Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Yes I drink plenty of water, I actually just had a cup of coffee about 30 min. ago and now my headache is pretty much gone now. I guess I just need some caffeine. Thanks!!

Quoting Pandapanda:

Are you hydrated?

Momma2013
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this

You're not suppose to take Ibuprofen or Aspirin during pregnancy. Just Tylenol.

Quoting Ludvik_Smith:

Eww that's not fun! I take Ibuprofen (Advil) for headaches, I find that works better, for me anyway, than Tylenol.

My mom suffers from migraines regularly and she said that Excedrin migraine works well for her...of course at the moment I can't really remember what you can and cannot take while pregnant so that would be something to look into. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)