Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when is it the right time to prepare your hospital bag? this is my first child and I really want everything to go as smooth as possible.

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:42 PM
  • 13 Replies

Hello everyone,

My name is Angela and I am currently pregnant with my FIRST child, Kayden. The months have gone by so fast that I feel the need to prepare my hospital bag. As of right now I am 25 weeks, I was thinking that I should prepare it at 30 weeks, just incase if she comes early. Im new at this and i can use all the advise given. Also, what should be in this bag? because i know my husband will be freaking out the day our daughter comes! haha. I just need some people with experience to lay me in on some information. 

Thanks! 

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Januarybaby2013
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Bump :) I'd like to know also! 

pregnancy

kayleesmom42328
by Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:54 PM
I'm preg with my 3rd with my other 2 I had my bag packed around 35-36 wks. Also had diaper bag packed & car seat in the car. We kept the bags in the car so all we had to was grab the camera bag & my purse. I packed my own night gowns for after deliver, shower stuff, tooth brush, tooth paste, robe, clothes for me & baby for going home also some for dh since he stayed with me, cell phone charger, baby book, pregnancy journal, puzzle books (it can get boring at hospital), snacks, boppy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
angiejustine
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Thanks! i guess my main issue is if she comes early. im just really nervous and want everything to go as planned! 

mr.scariesmommy
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I had mine done by 30 weeks with my boys and plan on doing the same this time too.

I packed going home clothes for me and for baby. Socks for me chapstick a hairbrush hair ties toothbrush toothpaste phone charger camera. And my tie blanket that way if I got cold I had my blanket and made me feel more comfortable too.

I didn't pack things like pads or diapers since they provide all of that and I just wore the hospital gown so I didn't get anything on my own nightgown. Just remember whatever you bring you have to lug home too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dimples04
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:58 AM
I'm 39 weeks tomorrow. I have a few diapers, powder, outfits for baby girl (I hate leaving a baby in the hospital shirt), socks, blankets. I'll probably take my pillow & my bag has socks, undies, pj's, shampoo/conditioner, toothpaste/toothbrush, camera, extra batteries, phone charger.
1wildchild
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 7:54 PM
I'll have my bag packed by 30 weeks (I've got a long way until then lol). I'm bringing comfy clothes to wear after delivery (go home in whatever I arrive in), travel size toiletries, my pillow, Boppy pillow, camera & extra batteries, cell phone & charger. I'll have the baby's bag done between 30 & 35 weeks and just bring a couple of footless gowns to wear in the hospital, nail files, comb, pacifier & receiving blankets.
TraceyMR
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:07 PM
I got the bag ready at about 32 weeks with my first, and kept her carseat in the "ready to install" mode in the living room after I was 35 weeks. Once I was 35 weeks I also kept the bag in the car at all times, but did not install the seat in case we wrecked so I did not have to replace it.
I also kept extra pillows and would bring my laptop with me to each nst.
doulala
by Emerald Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Congrats!

You could pack it now, or at least make a list or start to acquire what you will need.
Have you already created a birth plan, been to birth classes, considered a doula, or other ways to prepare?   

mama2gg
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:17 PM
Ill pack toiletries and socks that's it so I won't make a bag till I'm in labor my womens center provides everything for after care and baby
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Turtledoves
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:09 AM
Third trimester is rough and usually a little overwhelming mentally. I packed around 25 weeks and made sure everything was in there and ready to go by around 33 weeks. That way I wasn't fretting about my bag not being some if an emergency happened or if things went earlier as planned.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured