Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

What did you crave? Are mine strange?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:22 AM
  • 11 Replies

So, I have not had a positive pregnanacy yet; mainly because I haven't taken one yet.  I am about 98% positive that I am pregnant and it will be my fifth pregnancy.  With my first I craved peppermint patties, and she was a girl.  WIth my second, who was a boy, I craved tacos from taco bell (yes it had to be taco bell LOL), with my third, a girl, I craved anything that was sweet, it did not matter what it was as long as it had sugar, and with my fourth, who was a boy, it was french fries.  This time around I am craving broccoli, yams, and italian cheesy shells hamburg helper that never stays down.  So what on earth kind of child wants to eat broccoli and yams all the time????  Anyone care to elaborate or theorize for me on this because I am at a complete loss. What did you crave with your pregnancy(ies)?

by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
greentealover18
by Kait on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:57 AM
maybe there's more than one baby in there! lol this is my first and it's a boy, I've been craving French fries and snow cones! although since its almost winter snow cones are a little hard to come by
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
summerbear
by Rachel on Dec. 1, 2012 at 1:01 AM
With my first (dd) I wanted anything sweet! With my second I only wanted peaches. I ate those damn things for almost every meal (I still hate them to this day, used to really enjoy then before that!) With my third (ds) I wanted orange slices. And with this one, I want eggs with whipped cream (has to be reddi whip though) on top.

I wish one of mine would have craved something healthy! Maybe you will be blessed with a good non-picky eater!

When are you going to test? Fx for bfp!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hostlerak
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 1:20 AM

I plan on testing this weekend when we go to do our grocery shopping.  Then I will take the test on Saturday.  Although I do not know how the test will turn out because with my other four I did not get a positive result until well after the first month I had been pregnant.  I am not sure what fx and bfp means though :/ 

ImNotKarl
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 1:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I had to get a snowcone machine to cover my cravings. My besty ended up getting me one for my birthday because I obsess over them. It's only gotten worse with pregnancy.

Quoting greentealover18:

maybe there's more than one baby in there! lol this is my first and it's a boy, I've been craving French fries and snow cones! although since its almost winter snow cones are a little hard to come by

My tummy had the rumblies that only hands could satisfy.
KeiraRose
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Lol no idea what kind of kid wants healthy stuff. I'm at the tail end of pregnancy #1 and I craved in the beginning pickles with lots of hot sauce and not just any kind of hot sauce it had to be Louisiana hot sauce and then I went to McDonald's french fries and apples. 

FarmGirl2B
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 2:03 AM
Fx means fingers crossed. BFP is big fat positive on a pregnancy test.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RMslady
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 2:05 AM
Lol when it comes to pregnancy cravings nothing is strange. With dd I craved strawberry shakes like crazy but all other sugars were off limits or id be sick. Ds I wanted nothing but sugar! This time...I'm sitting here eating crutons by the handful and praying dh will bring home another jar of pickles lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Becky.Mom.of.2
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 2:18 AM
I'm on my 4th baby. So far I've craved cucumbers, eggs, red licorice, pizza, and the weirdest combo was choc milk and pepperoncinis (sp?).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarineLewis
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 2:32 AM
With my first I craved salad....even started to like it! Bread and Subway made me gag. I also craved mac-n-cheese. Velveeta brand.
This time I crave sweets. All the time. And I'm pre-diabetic. I also crave mac-n-cheese, any brand. And other dairy products like cheese or chocolate.
First is a boy, second a girl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myusernamedied
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Anything green, anything fruity, sandwiches.

Dear god, I've eaten like 5 lemons in the past week, a bunch of broccoli, lettuce, tomatoes, popcorn, and apple sauce. I'm so healthy. lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)