Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Inducing my labor early

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:29 AM
  • 77 Replies
Well i went to my weekly checkup yesterday. The dr told me i could be induced Dec 10th (my due date is the 15th) he said if i wait & nothin changes he wont let me go past the 17th. After discussing it with my family & husband when i go back weds im ganna go ahead and be induced the 10th im excited that i will be meeting my little girl soon but i was hoping to go natural & just let nature take its course & she come when shes ready. What do yall think about being induced 5 days before the due date. Is it safe? wil the baby be ok if i did?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Dec. 1, 2012 at 1:11 AM
9 moms liked this

There are a lot of risks with induction. I am very against it unless it is medically needed. If you want to go natural, why don't you? It doesn't sound like there is any reason to induce other than convenience. And your doctor doesn't get to decide. You do. Your body, your baby, your choice. Don't let him push you around. Know your rights and learn the risks before you agree to an induction.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Dec. 1, 2012 at 1:20 AM
2 moms liked this

Here are a few links for you about risks and general helpful info when considering an induction.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/117811/forums/read/17369129/Resources_for_if_you_need_to_or_chose_to_induce_labor

http://wellroundedmama.blogspot.com/2012/02/induction-math-importance-of-bishop.html

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/birth/induction-of-labour-to-induce-or-not-induce

nicki.hemingway
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 1:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Unless there are clear medical reasons it is best not to induce until two weeks post due date.  If you get induced you chances of natural delivery are significantly reduced and you C-section risk goes way up. 

Meghan6391
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 1:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Due to medical reasons i am being induced at 37 weeks... i was induced at 41 weeks with my oldest bc he didn't want to come out.. ill tell you the truth it sucks and i went through hell
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 1:34 AM
1 mom liked this
There are risks to be induced. I would NOT choose to be induced. I have been induced twice and it is no fun at all.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BlessedMammaof2
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 1:36 AM
2 moms liked this
I would never elect to be induced without an actual medical cause and especially not before 40 weeks. The risks to both mother and baby are numerous. Even if the 17th comes and goes you have the final say not your doctor. You have the right to refuse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 1:38 AM
2 moms liked this
I wouldn't. If you and baby are both healthy and fine I see no reason to take the risks. Why give up your plans for a natural birth? Are there medical concerns not mentioned in your op? Why not wait?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jasminesmom210
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 1:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Im being induced thursday which is 5 days early. Were inducing to try and avoid csection. Hes getting to big, inducing raises my chance of a csection but if I wait it out ill gave no choice for natural labor and will need a csection. Really sucks, id love him to come natural and im hoping he still will but I want to at least be able to try for a natural labor and this is my only choice. I would think being induced 5 days early wouldnt cause any harm to baby, but theres no way to know that for sure
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 1:48 AM
I personally would wait unless there is medical risk to you or baby
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amc103
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 3:17 AM
1 mom liked this

this. I dont see the reason from your post to induce other than it being convienient for the doctor. :-(

Quoting TTC2Long:

I wouldn't. If you and baby are both healthy and fine I see no reason to take the risks. Why give up your plans for a natural birth? Are there medical concerns not mentioned in your op? Why not wait?


Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)