Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

refusing the glucose test...why????

Posted by   + Show Post
Why would you want to refuse that test?

What if you in fact had gest diabetes?

You wouldnt know because you refused that test and you may be putting your baby in danger...dont say "well I can just test my sugars at home"..whats the point in doing that if your refusing to do it the doc way or think "well I dont have gest diabetes I didnt with my others"..things change..every pregnancy is different.... I believe in doing the test my doc provide so I know my baby is healthy and Im doing everything I can to keep her that way and myself....

Im not bashing anyone but I just wanna know why you would want refuse any testing for you or your baby....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 5:19 PM
Replies (351-354):
anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:02 AM

Why did you have to give up caffine this time around? 

Quoting Scottishbrat33:

I understand why you feel that way.With my third child I had to drink some orange stuff, it  was very sweet..I didnn't like it .Sometimes we have to trust our doctors.I had to give up caffine this time around.That was hard, considering I love chocolate everything and diet soda.Sept 5th God and I delivered a beautiful baby girl.She's my angel from heaven. It was worth it doing what I was told.baby girl

mommyT3612
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:25 PM

no matter if you eat all that mush sugar you should have the tests done you could have the gd gene and not know diabetes runs in both sides of my family even though i dont eat that mush sugar i still hade those test having those test done says you love your baby and youself you should play it safe when your pregnant your body has a mind of its own we as women go threw all kinds of stuff when we are pregnant my friend never or no one in her family hade diabetes but she got pregnant  and she got diabetes thats why those test are very important to get so please get those test 

ecu_xo
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:41 AM

I understand a woman's right to refuse certain testing...I refused the urine drug screen simply because I knew it wouldn't change anything (I've never even smoked a cigarette, let alone any illegal substances, and my "drugs of choice" are Tylenol and ibuprofen.)...but there are some tests that women should not opt out of, and the diabetes screening is one of them...I had a coworker that was 5'2", weighed 110 lbs prior to pregnancy, ran marathons, had absolutely no family history of diabetes, and was a registered dietician...and she had gestational diabetes...just because a woman eats healthy does not mean her body is still going to process the foods properly.

AshTysMom
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 6:23 PM

If by some crazy chance I do get pregnant again, I probably will refuse it. More likely I'll just tell them to go ahead and give me the meter. With my first I failed the 1hour but scraped by on the 3; with the last two I failed all. Second time around I did okay just with managing my diet, 3rd time I was on glyburol(sp?). Also diabetes runs in my family so I'm kinda screwed anyway.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)