Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

refusing the glucose test...why????

Posted by   + Show Post
Why would you want to refuse that test?

What if you in fact had gest diabetes?

You wouldnt know because you refused that test and you may be putting your baby in danger...dont say "well I can just test my sugars at home"..whats the point in doing that if your refusing to do it the doc way or think "well I dont have gest diabetes I didnt with my others"..things change..every pregnancy is different.... I believe in doing the test my doc provide so I know my baby is healthy and Im doing everything I can to keep her that way and myself....

Im not bashing anyone but I just wanna know why you would want refuse any testing for you or your baby....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 5:19 PM
Replies (11-20):
Mommynwife26
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 5:54 PM
Idk why either when people don't realize if you have it and don't control it it can lead to the mother and or baby getting diabetes after birth. There are different ways then the juice likw jelly beans or just fasting.
queenXofXmean
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 5:59 PM
I was just curious as to why refuse any test I wasnt bashing anyone or trying to start anything
nicki.hemingway
by Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 6:02 PM
3 moms liked this

You clearly are very ignorant about the horrible glucose drink that they make you take to take the test.  It is pure refined sugar.  No one consumes that much pure sugar without health consquences.  A child could take this drink and they will test out of normal glucose ranges.  GD is by and large a made up condition.  It is a dx to explain a large baby.  Yes true diabeties is a very serious condition, GD has no side effects other than a large baby.  GD is not and never will be diabeties.  Now can a woman develop true diabeties (I or II) yes, but the GTT will not diagnose it, you need a A1C or Insulin levels to diagnose diabeties.  I have been diabetic for 13 years, and my Endo has stated thatthe GTT is inaccurate and does not show diabeties. So I am caliing this, TROLL POST!!!!

Quoting x_Starr_x:

did I say anything about the test NO I DIDNT. clearly stating a fact.

Quoting nicki.hemingway:

Still does not mean that taking that horrible innaccurate test is good for you.  My midwife pulls my A1C twice with other routine bloodwork and Insulin levels after 28 weeks. These are much more accurate diabeties tests and not the horrible drink that can cause even non-pregnant women to fail. 

Quoting x_Starr_x:

just because you don't eat crap DOES NOT MEAN you won't get it GD is WAY different that type 1 or 2.

Quoting Heather2001:

Because I never put that amount of processed, high-sugar crap in my body at any one time ever in my pregnancy, why would I for a test?  It makes me feel horrible afterwards.  I allowed my doc to do a couple random blood sugar finger pricks at my appointments and that was enough to know that I didn't have GD.

Please excuse my typos. I baby wear at the computer and I have to type around a bobbing head.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
newmom121812
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 6:03 PM
6 moms liked this

I agree quit beng selfsh and do it for your and your childs health your will be uncomfortable for a hour boo hoo ( sorry sounding harsh i just am pissed about all these moms who are selfish)

Quoting Mommynwife26:

Idk why either when people don't realize if you have it and don't control it it can lead to the mother and or baby getting diabetes after birth. There are different ways then the juice likw jelly beans or just fasting.

x_Starr_x
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 6:04 PM
omg people and there I can't read syndrome.

Quoting nicki.hemingway:

You clearly are very ignorant about the horrible glucose drink that they make you take to take the test.  It is pure refined sugar.  No one consumes that much pure sugar without health consquences.  A child could take this drink and they will test out of normal glucose ranges.  GD is by and large a made up condition.  It is a dx to explain a large baby.  Yes true diabeties is a very serious condition, GD has no side effects other than a large baby.  GD is not and never will be diabeties.  Now can a woman develop true diabeties (I or II) yes, but the GTT will not diagnose it, you need a A1C or Insulin levels to diagnose diabeties.  I have been diabetic for 13 years, and my Endo has stated thatthe GTT is inaccurate and does not show diabeties. So I am caliing this, TROLL POST!!!!

Quoting x_Starr_x:

Quoting nicki.hemingway:

Still does not mean that taking that horrible innaccurate test is good for you.  My midwife pulls my A1C twice with other routine bloodwork and Insulin levels after 28 weeks. These are much more accurate diabeties tests and not the horrible drink that can cause even non-pregnant women to fail. 

Quoting x_Starr_x:

just because you don't eat crap DOES NOT MEAN you won't get it GD is WAY different that type 1 or 2.

Quoting Heather2001:

Because I never put that amount of processed, high-sugar crap in my body at any one time ever in my pregnancy, why would I for a test?  It makes me feel horrible afterwards.  I allowed my doc to do a couple random blood sugar finger pricks at my appointments and that was enough to know that I didn't have GD.

Heather2001
by Heather on Dec. 1, 2012 at 6:08 PM
5 moms liked this

LOL, that's not what I said at all.  Because the test is so inaccurate (as the plethora of info that doulala posted above indicates), then why would I drink that stuff to provide a potentially inaccurate test result? 

To be fair, I did take it during my first pregnancy and passed with flying colors so I know what was involved in the test and how they measure things.  The results just weren't worth it, for me, when there are other more accurate indicators.

Quoting x_Starr_x:

Quoting Heather2001:

doulala
by Emerald Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 6:08 PM
5 moms liked this

What if taking the test is more risky than not?

Quoting newmom121812:

I agree quit beng selfsh and do it for your and your childs health

newmom121812
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Then that is a GREAT reason not to take it. From what i read on this post though moms are doing it because it makes them feel icky. not a medical reason just there own convenience. I see many babies have medical problems because their moms selfishness! it makes me sick

Quoting doulala:

What if taking the test is more risky than not?

Quoting newmom121812:

I agree quit beng selfsh and do it for your and your childs health

nicki.hemingway
by Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 6:35 PM
2 moms liked this

Well obviously you can't XD

Quoting x_Starr_x:

omg people and there I can't read syndrome.

Quoting nicki.hemingway:

Quoting x_Starr_x:

Quoting nicki.hemingway:

Quoting x_Starr_x:

Quoting Heather2001:

Please excuse my typos. I baby wear at the computer and I have to type around a bobbing head.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
Avetay
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 6:36 PM
2 moms liked this
This.

Quoting Heather2001:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN