Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

refusing the glucose test...why????

Posted by   + Show Post
Why would you want to refuse that test?

What if you in fact had gest diabetes?

You wouldnt know because you refused that test and you may be putting your baby in danger...dont say "well I can just test my sugars at home"..whats the point in doing that if your refusing to do it the doc way or think "well I dont have gest diabetes I didnt with my others"..things change..every pregnancy is different.... I believe in doing the test my doc provide so I know my baby is healthy and Im doing everything I can to keep her that way and myself....

Im not bashing anyone but I just wanna know why you would want refuse any testing for you or your baby....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 5:19 PM
Replies (41-50):
shaylamarie11
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:47 PM

the drinks are actually NOT that bad. mine tasted like watered down orange pop. the test isnt harmful they wouldnt have you do it if it was

shaunaleigh418
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:08 AM
I love that test! The orange one tastes so good!
jenesis915
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:09 AM

idk i thought i was ganna have diabetes iv been going back n forth with it becasue it runs in my family but i took test nd i didnt im happy for thaat lol although i almost threw up for it

goodmama85
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:09 AM
Eh I did it with all my pregnancies wasn't to bad. I just sucked it up for the well being of my children and myself. It makes total sense.
Retrokitty
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:12 AM
My midwife told me I was low risk and told me there was no real reason to take it so I didn't.
singlemama0905
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:12 AM
Agreed!! I let them do it when I was pregnant with DS, never again. I don't care if they want to check my bblood sugar at appointments with a simple finger prick, but I won't do the glucose test again.

The first time they tried doing it I got the "don't let yourself throw up" lecture... good try people, I've had horrible morning sickness all day everyday, you're making me drink this godawful liquid sugar with no food in my stomach. Yeah, was dumb enough to do it a second time. No more, I know how to take care of myself.

Quoting Heather2001:

Because I never put that amount of processed, high-sugar crap in my body at any one time ever in my pregnancy, why would I for a test?  It makes me feel horrible afterwards.  I allowed my doc to do a couple random blood sugar finger pricks at my appointments and that was enough to know that I didn't have GD.

Oceana09
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:13 AM

I didn't refuse it. My doctor didn't think I needed it. And I pushed her and pushed her for it and she said it was unnecessary. When I moved and got set up with a new OB though, that was the first thing he did. I was already 34 weeks along, but hell, at least we would know there was something wrong. He also called her for my records and no one on my records could he find my blood type, but he found 3 pages that all said that I had gone to Hawaii in September to see my fiance. SMH.

StrawberryCool
I had to do it TWICE.

Quoting newmom121812:

I agree quit beng selfsh and do it for your and your childs health your will be uncomfortable for a hour boo hoo ( sorry sounding harsh i just am pissed about all these moms who are selfish)

Quoting Mommynwife26:

Idk why either when people don't realize if you have it and don't control it it can lead to the mother and or baby getting diabetes after birth. There are different ways then the juice likw jelly beans or just fasting.

kcrogue

Interesting post. Never thought about it much was not tested with either pregnancy. Not because I refused I was not even asked to take it specifically.

Nicolle_09
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:15 AM
3 moms liked this

because they eat healthy, monitor their health, have no history of diabetes in their family, they want a hands off pregnancy, etc...

Not to mention it has been proven that the way they test for it is super inaccurate and you could end up being treated for something that you in fact do not have and that could put your baby in even more danger. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN