Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Drinking while pregnant?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:07 PM
  • 231 Replies
1 mom liked this

I was on another site, and a few pregnant women said that they thought having a drink every now and then while pregnant was okay.  I had to wonder if anyone here thinks it's okay.  Aren't people concerned about fetal alchohol poisoning?  Just curious.  I would never drink while pregnant.  I think it's just too big of a risk.

EDIT:  The majority of you have been awesome in your postings, in that you are being respectful to other people.  This is just a reminder to be kind to others.  I do not hesitate in reporting rude or innappropriate comments to the moderators of this site.  Thank you!

by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
november117
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I had 3 big sips if wine a while ago and that was enough for me. I felt guilty but I did sleep the best I had in a while.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rayroe2
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:28 PM
4 moms liked this

I didn't know I was pregnant and drank some the first trimester and I felt really bad but I didn't know I was pregnant because I was not trying or planning too.

butterflycircle
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I think that some say it is ok for a glass of wine or a sip of this or that. I don't know though. I would never drink while pregnant. I wouldn't drink ingeneral though either. When I was breasfeeding my son I had a sip of a drink my aunt made and he wasn't due to feed again for a few hours. I don't think there was any harm in that at all, but that sip is the most I have "drank"  in years lol.

lillucky8
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:35 PM
I dont like wine so i didnt drink at all while preg
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Randi02
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:40 PM
11 moms liked this
I wouldn't risk it.

FASD is 100% preventable, and there is no known safe amount, or time, to drink during pregnancy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celticgodess
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:42 PM
10 moms liked this

You are not going to see fetal alcohol poisining with one drink.  The biggest risk to the fbaby is the first trimester when you are most likely to be unaware of the pregnancy and drink.  I personally didn't drink during ether of my pregnancies, but I don't see anything wrong with one or two drinks throghout.

NewMamaBoo
by Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this

No. I want a healthy baby so I'm doing my best 

flcowgrl23
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:17 PM
5 moms liked this
I'll be having a glass of merlot next saturday at a christmas party. I'll be 38 weeks, hopefully it will help relax me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bbyB10
by Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:53 PM
I was 7 months along when we took our babymoon to Vegas, so yes , I had ONE drink
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
unspecified42
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 4:14 AM
7 moms liked this

Nope, I'm not concerned about having a drink every now and again later on in pregnancy. No study done has ever found that a drink here or there caused any ill effect.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN