Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Drinking while pregnant?

Posted by   + Show Post

I was on another site, and a few pregnant women said that they thought having a drink every now and then while pregnant was okay.  I had to wonder if anyone here thinks it's okay.  Aren't people concerned about fetal alchohol poisoning?  Just curious.  I would never drink while pregnant.  I think it's just too big of a risk.

EDIT:  The majority of you have been awesome in your postings, in that you are being respectful to other people.  This is just a reminder to be kind to others.  I do not hesitate in reporting rude or innappropriate comments to the moderators of this site.  Thank you!

by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:07 PM
Replies (11-20):
Diamondblue1
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 4:19 AM
It's better to be safe than sorry i just had a baby i didn't drink or smoke.
mommie2twogirls
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 9:00 AM

my last pregnancy my midwife suggested a glass of red wine every once in a while to help relax me, but this suggestion came late in the pregnancy, I think all together I had 3 glasses of wine over a 3 week period (and all were mixed like 70%sprite 30%wine lol) , but I never finished a glass and I really ended up only taking a few sips because even though it was the midwife suggesting it and I trust her, i was still worried, i think if you stick with the glass of wine every once in a while its really not a problem but i was to worried to actually do it lol

mama2gg
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 9:02 AM
I don't drink but on the ok ob list says ok for a glass of wine a night
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
birdiemom
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 9:04 AM
I erred on the side of caution and didn't drink. I also heard an occasional glass of wine is ok, but I had no desire.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JennyLee24
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 9:38 AM
Not for me..it just scares me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Plus-size-mommy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I would never knowingly put my child at risk just to have a drink. I had a client who had FAS, why would I do that to an innocent baby? No judging if you do or don't, just stating my opinion.
soaringflutes
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Wow, I have to say, I am really surprised that some of you are taking the risk.  But it's your body, your choice.  Glad to see that a number of you aren't.

MrS.GiFFord
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 2:24 PM

I drank before I found out I was pregnant. I won't be drinking at all for the rest of this pregnancy. I'm 26 weeks.

BlissBagshaw
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 2:26 PM

It IS okay to have a drink now and then.  And it's Fetal Alcohol SYNDROME.  I haven't had a drink this whole pregnancy, but it is, actually, quite okay :/

sj3starz
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 2:55 PM
I was drunk when I got my bfp. Haven't drank since. I'm not against it as long as it's one drink, but for me, I don't drink unless I want to be drunk. I hate the taste of alcoholic beverages.
If a woman were to enjoy beer wine or even liquor, it can be worked into the diet. Kind of like diabetics can eat what they want as long as they account for it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN