Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Drinking while pregnant?

Posted by   + Show Post

I was on another site, and a few pregnant women said that they thought having a drink every now and then while pregnant was okay.  I had to wonder if anyone here thinks it's okay.  Aren't people concerned about fetal alchohol poisoning?  Just curious.  I would never drink while pregnant.  I think it's just too big of a risk.

EDIT:  The majority of you have been awesome in your postings, in that you are being respectful to other people.  This is just a reminder to be kind to others.  I do not hesitate in reporting rude or innappropriate comments to the moderators of this site.  Thank you!

by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:07 PM
Replies (21-30):
Larsbug
by Laura on Dec. 2, 2012 at 2:56 PM

my doctor has said that a glass of red wine every once in a while is ok, but I never chance it

RheaF
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 2:58 PM
3 moms liked this
Once I found out I was pregnant drinking was a big no! To me it's not even worth it. I don't need a drink that bad.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sassysuie
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I've heard that red wine is ok to drink while pregnant but I don't drink.

smurfy88
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this
It's an unnecessary risk that isn't worth taking. Why not give your child the best start at life, giving up alcohol and smoking is important
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 4:31 PM
I do not drink alcohol while pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soaringflutes
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Quoting sj3starz:

I was drunk when I got my bfp. Haven't drank since. I'm not against it as long as it's one drink, but for me, I don't drink unless I want to be drunk. I hate the taste of alcoholic beverages.
If a woman were to enjoy beer wine or even liquor, it can be worked into the diet. Kind of like diabetics can eat what they want as long as they account for it.

I don't think alcohol should be worked into a pregnant woman's diet for any reason.  And sure, diabetics can eat whatever they want, if they want to lose feeling in their limbs, become impotent (for guys) or go blind. 

lulu_tattoos
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 5:40 PM
Most health care professionals agree that an occasional single serving during pregnancy is perfectly fine and without significant risk to fetus.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof2kids306
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 5:42 PM
I did that with not son because I didn't know also and I was very scared

Quoting rayroe2:

I didn't know I was pregnant and drank some the first trimester and I felt really bad but I didn't know I was pregnant because I was not trying or planning too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof2kids306
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 5:43 PM
I would never do it if I knew I was pregnant I had before not knowing and I was so scared my son was going to come out with something wrong with him

Quoting soaringflutes:

I was on another site, and a few pregnant women said that they thought having a drink every now and then while pregnant was okay.  I had to wonder if anyone here thinks it's okay.  Aren't people concerned about fetal alchohol poisoning?  Just curious.  I would never drink while pregnant.  I think it's just too big of a risk.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rayroe2
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 5:45 PM

right, I felt so bad and I had so many problems this baby.

Quoting mommyof2kids306:

I did that with not son because I didn't know also and I was very scared

Quoting rayroe2:

I didn't know I was pregnant and drank some the first trimester and I felt really bad but I didn't know I was pregnant because I was not trying or planning too.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured