Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

birth control question, only place I know to get real answers

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:04 PM
  • 9 Replies

So I started taking trinessa one month ago, had a normal period and I just started my 2nd month of pills, I missed the 3rd pill and doubled at my normal time the next day which is 930 at night. The next 2 days I have been an hour or 2 late taking the pills. What is the risk of me becoming pregnant?? or is there enough hormones in my body to substain? please help me! Thank you so much!

by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
reizenskitty
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:40 AM

not sure so heres a bump :)

ncohetero
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:42 AM
I'm pretty sure you're fine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Oregongirl40
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:43 AM

It's usually not ok to double medication when  you skip a dose but I am not familiar with this one so I don't know.  If it's like any other form of birth control pill...skipping dose and taking it at different times can decrease it's effectiveness.  I would call your OB to double check.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:17 AM

You should be fine. There is always the chance but it should be working properly taking it that way.

Larsbug
by Laura on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:28 AM

missing even one dose can cause you to automatically start losing the hormone to prevent pregnancy...doubling up is not a good idea nor is it recommended, you are just suppose to start over counting the 7 days it takes to become effective. All of this information is in the packet that comes with the birth control "instructions" if you will, as well as from my doctor. My cousin missed one pill and she became pregnant, but everyone is different.

taniamorse85
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:45 PM

I've never heard of Trinessa, so I had to look it up.  From what I can tell, it's a generic for Ortho-Tricyclen.  I'm on a different generic for the same pill.  Anyway, the drug info does say that you can take up to two pills in a day if you miss a dose.  Not sure about the risk of becoming pregnant, but if you are concerned, just use back-up a BC method until you get back into a good rhythm of taking the meds.

Sweet_Carol_126
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:13 PM

I wouldn't trust until the after the 2nd month  of taking pills and you need to be more careful not to miss taking a pill.  Good luck to you.

JennyLee24
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:03 PM
Well...i got pregnant on the pill without missing any. Theres always a small chance
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sj3starz
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:29 PM
I've never taken trinessa but most of the ones I have taken (quite a few) DO suggest a double dose, or taking the missed one asap after remembering. I've also been told that the pill is suggested to be taken between 22 & 26 hours apart.

Always check your pamphlet for the most accurate info and doctor/pharmacist. They should both know as well.

I don't think anyone can give you exact percentages that are guaranteed though.

Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured