Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

First period after baby?? tmi but I'm a little freaked out

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:57 PM
  • 11 Replies

I just had my baby almost 6 weeks ago, I didn't have that much PP bleeding, it was over completely in about 2-3 weeks.  Well I got my first period a day or two ago, and it has been horribly heavy.  I usally have heavy periods so I'm normally not bothered, but this period is super bad.  Not much cramping, but it's bright bright red and there are a lot of clots.  I keep bleeding through everything.  I've never had one this bad before.  Is this normal?  It's freaking me out!

wedding countdown

CafeMom Tickers

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mila19
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:59 PM
Very normal
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:06 AM
Normal, but it could still be pp bleeding.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Sounds normal but you could always talk with your OB if you're worried. 

Mommy2BeAmy
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:18 AM
2 moms liked this
It sound a lot like post partum hemroghing. I would call ur dr ASAP if its bright red and ur soaking a pad every hour. My first pp period happen two weeks ago and was normal. The dr warns they can be heavy but if you're passing clots and soaking a pad an hour call the OB who is on call or get to the ER
Better to be safe
MMerrill
by Melissa on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:35 AM

I'm not soaking a pad every hour but every 2 or 3 they are getting pretty soaked.  They say its rare for it to happen this late, but I'm going to call my doctor in the morning anyway.

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

It sound a lot like post partum hemroghing. I would call ur dr ASAP if its bright red and ur soaking a pad every hour. My first pp period happen two weeks ago and was normal. The dr warns they can be heavy but if you're passing clots and soaking a pad an hour call the OB who is on call or get to the ER
Better to be safe

wedding countdown

CafeMom Tickers

Mommy2BeAmy
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:00 AM
It's called late pp hemorrhage. It can occur from after 1 day until 6-8 weeks. Are you having any pain? Fast heart beat?

Quoting MMerrill:

I'm not soaking a pad every hour but every 2 or 3 they are getting pretty soaked.  They say its rare for it to happen this late, but I'm going to call my doctor in the morning anyway.

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

Better to be safe

MMerrill
by Melissa on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Yeah I know but I think it's still pretty rare.... I haven't had any pain.  Minor cramps, and the clots are pretty small, just lots and lots of bright blood.  I've been doing some research and it appears a lot of women have the same issue and some even worse, hopefully it's normal.  I'm wearing regular pads and soaking through every 2-3 hours so maybe it's not as bad as I think it is.... I think I'm still gonna call my doctor in the morning because I'm a little worried :/

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

It's called late pp hemorrhage. It can occur from after 1 day until 6-8 weeks. Are you having any pain? Fast heart beat?

Quoting MMerrill:

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

Better to be safe

wedding countdown

CafeMom Tickers

Angela4boys
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:29 AM
That's sounds normal to me, but it's always good to call the doc for peace of mind.
Tiffnkids
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:36 AM
Use organic tampons and pads and you wil notice in a few cycles how much better you will feel... usually less bleeding too
Shanea
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Alot of woman's periods change after having a baby. Mine went from clock work to not having one sometimes to having 2 in one month..

So I believe this is normal ..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)