Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy
Wondering what peoples experiences were with doctors striping their membranes. Pain? How many weeks were you and did anything come of it? Suggestions/advice?

Thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:01 AM
Replies (31-34):
masonsmommy921
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:54 PM
Awww cOngrats! My midwife says she'll talk to me about it next week (my 39 week appointment). She wouldn't do it this week (38). I'm nervous of having a big baby, he's measuring a week ahead and ultrasound LAST week says he's already 7lbs (I know they are gestimates but still lol)

Quoting marcynemish:

Quoting doulala:

Quoting marcynemish:

I literally just had mine done 2 hrs ago. It doesn't really hurt. it's just very very uncomforable. Like your insides are being twisted. But for me she said it could immediately send me into labor since i am almost 5cm and 100%effaced so afterwards. as in now i am having some serious contrations about every 15 minutes. and i am bleeding a bit. which she said is normal when you have a sweep. I am 38 weeks and 5 days.

Wow, this is early to be intervening.     Be careful it is risky--
Hope all is okay!

Thanks my son was born yesterday morning completely perfect without any complications at all. He was almost 9lbs. I pushed for an hr and he was out. I think it is completely a personal choice. if you think you're doing the right thing and feel ready go for it. thats why I did it. I went into labor later wednesday night at about 1230am and had him at 1004 am best experience of my life. <3  good luck to you!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FrancineSmith
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:12 PM

When people say "it worked for me" does it mean that it saved them from being pregnant forever?

mama2gg
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:14 PM
No they mean it worked and sent them into labor before it was time

Quoting FrancineSmith:

When people say "it worked for me" does it mean that it saved them from being pregnant forever?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
masonsmommy921
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:57 PM
Lol pregnant forever. That's what I keep telling my coworkers that ask me "still havnt had that baby yet?" "when you poopin that kid out" and all the other annoying comments I get a bizzilion times a day I say nope sorry guys I'm forever pregnant!

Quoting FrancineSmith:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN