Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy
Wondering what peoples experiences were with doctors striping their membranes. Pain? How many weeks were you and did anything come of it? Suggestions/advice?

Thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:01 AM
Replies (31-34):
masonsmommy921
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:54 PM
Awww cOngrats! My midwife says she'll talk to me about it next week (my 39 week appointment). She wouldn't do it this week (38). I'm nervous of having a big baby, he's measuring a week ahead and ultrasound LAST week says he's already 7lbs (I know they are gestimates but still lol)

Quoting marcynemish:

Quoting doulala:

Quoting marcynemish:

I literally just had mine done 2 hrs ago. It doesn't really hurt. it's just very very uncomforable. Like your insides are being twisted. But for me she said it could immediately send me into labor since i am almost 5cm and 100%effaced so afterwards. as in now i am having some serious contrations about every 15 minutes. and i am bleeding a bit. which she said is normal when you have a sweep. I am 38 weeks and 5 days.

Wow, this is early to be intervening.     Be careful it is risky--
Hope all is okay!

Thanks my son was born yesterday morning completely perfect without any complications at all. He was almost 9lbs. I pushed for an hr and he was out. I think it is completely a personal choice. if you think you're doing the right thing and feel ready go for it. thats why I did it. I went into labor later wednesday night at about 1230am and had him at 1004 am best experience of my life. <3  good luck to you!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FrancineSmith
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:12 PM

When people say "it worked for me" does it mean that it saved them from being pregnant forever?

mama2gg
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:14 PM
No they mean it worked and sent them into labor before it was time

Quoting FrancineSmith:

When people say "it worked for me" does it mean that it saved them from being pregnant forever?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
masonsmommy921
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:57 PM
Lol pregnant forever. That's what I keep telling my coworkers that ask me "still havnt had that baby yet?" "when you poopin that kid out" and all the other annoying comments I get a bizzilion times a day I say nope sorry guys I'm forever pregnant!

Quoting FrancineSmith:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)