Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

What are the sleeping arrangement for the baby when you leave the hospital?

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:53 PM
  • 25 Replies

With our previous two newborns- we had them sleep in a bassinet at the end of our bed the first month. Then we moved them into their crib- in their own room. With this baby we are thinking of buying something like this :

It seems like it would be much easier since I will be having my 3rd csection, we have a huge bed,etc. However I am hesitant because both of our previous babies have turned out to be great sleepers and were sleeping through the night- in their own room/crib by a month old. Has anyone tried this or planning on doing this when baby comes home?

pregnancy week by week
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RheaF
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:57 PM
The baby will be in our room for the first year. I am hoping to get a bedside co-sleeper for the first few months. Then the baby will move into the crib.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sissy852
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:58 PM
i never have used one. But this baby will be sleeping with us in our room
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Larsbug
by Laura on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:58 PM

bassinet at the end of the bed and then around 6 weeks they get moved to their crib.

purvislets
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:01 PM
We won't know until baby gets here really. My other two would not sleep unless they were on someone's chest on in someone's arms, so we coslept. I always try a bassinet next to the bed first and if that doesn't work then they sleep with us. We usually transition them to their cribs starting around 3 months.
summerbear
by Rachel on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:01 PM
In bed with me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LillyJDv3.0
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:03 PM
We got a bed like that for ds... I loved it. It was easier having him close by after my CS and he slept great in it. He is almost 3 months old and still sleeps with me... He will move to his own room when he is ready. Bedsharing works for us for now so I'm in no hurry to move him to his room.
jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Ill be in the nursery with the baby while she/he is a newborn. We have  a spare bed there. When I am more comfortable with his/her size we will bed share....the final step is off to the crib alone!

luvmylilbean
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:24 PM

We used a bassinet for the 1st few weeks and she hardly slept at all. I put her in bed with me one night, she slept all night. Ever since then she has been in bed with us sleeping through the night. She is 18 months now.

ShesALady
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:25 PM
I'm borrowing my sisters bed side sleeper, but she'll probably end up in be with me like my first two.
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:10 PM

We are having a home birth. So from day one baby will be sleeping with us in bed. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)