Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice Needed: Hw do I prepare if my water breaks early but...

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:42 PM
  • 14 Replies

Hw do I prepare if my water breaks early b/c I'm having a water birth? This has been on my mind allday

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Turtledoves
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:47 PM
Can you explain what you're worried about?

Even if your water breaks early, it's okay to have a water birth in a sterile tub (you don't want to take baths as the sac is now open and germs can reach baby).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
summerbear
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:49 PM
A sterile tub is all that is needed. If you are going to the hospital they will have one, if you are doing a homebirth, then the tub you bought to use should already be sterile.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shaketa123
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:50 PM

I'm really worried that oneday just in random that it might break for no reason and the women in my pregnancy group tells me that there is a possibility that it can break for no reason

Quoting Turtledoves:

Even if your water breaks early, it's okay to have a water birth in a sterile tub (you don't want to take baths as the sac is now open and germs can reach baby).

Turtledoves
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:52 PM
It only happens to 10% of women before labor. I was one of those women, who was also going to do a water birth. It was annoying, but didn't affect anything. I went three days with my water broken before I had her.

Quoting Shaketa123:

I'm really worried that oneday just in random that it might break for no reason and the women in my pregnancy group tells me that there is a possibility that it can break for no reason

Quoting Turtledoves:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shaketa123
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:54 PM

3 days that has 2 be painful

Quoting Turtledoves:

It only happens to 10% of women before labor. I was one of those women, who was also going to do a water birth. It was annoying, but didn't affect anything. I went three days with my water broken before I had her.

Quoting Shaketa123:

Quoting Turtledoves:

Turtledoves
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:56 PM
It wasn't fun! Especially because my body makes a lot more water on average (in fact, I shocked a whole team of nurses when I finally went to the hospital, they didn't know what to do with me because I had SO much water!) But not many women go through that.

Quoting Shaketa123:

Quoting Turtledoves:

Quoting Shaketa123:

Quoting Turtledoves:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shaketa123
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Omg

Quoting Turtledoves:

It wasn't fun! Especially because my body makes a lot more water on average (in fact, I shocked a whole team of nurses when I finally went to the hospital, they didn't know what to do with me because I had SO much water!) But not many women go through that.

Quoting Shaketa123:

Quoting Turtledoves:

Quoting Shaketa123:

Quoting Turtledoves:

Pandapanda
by Amber on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:24 PM

If you start taking vitamin c (in addition to your prenatal), it will help keep the bag of water strong and can delay/prevent your membranes from ever rupturing. :) 

Quoting Shaketa123:

Quoting Turtledoves:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
IJV_4213
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:51 PM

3 days after your water broke? I heard from a friend that once your water breaks, you have to have the baby in 24 hours or else you can get an infection or a fever. That's what the doctor's told her, and she ended up needing to get induced, and then needed a cesarean. What did your doctor or midwife tell you about that?

Quoting Turtledoves:

Quoting Shaketa123:

Quoting Turtledoves:

doulala
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:52 PM

It can happen, it does where ever you are planning to deliver.       You should have a lot of maxi pads ( I even use cloth diapers/hand towels) because it may be days, weeks, etc and can get messy.   lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN