Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice Needed: Hw do I prepare if my water breaks early but...

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:42 PM
  • 14 Replies

Hw do I prepare if my water breaks early b/c I'm having a water birth? This has been on my mind allday

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Turtledoves
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:47 PM
Can you explain what you're worried about?

Even if your water breaks early, it's okay to have a water birth in a sterile tub (you don't want to take baths as the sac is now open and germs can reach baby).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
summerbear
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:49 PM
A sterile tub is all that is needed. If you are going to the hospital they will have one, if you are doing a homebirth, then the tub you bought to use should already be sterile.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shaketa123
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:50 PM

I'm really worried that oneday just in random that it might break for no reason and the women in my pregnancy group tells me that there is a possibility that it can break for no reason

Quoting Turtledoves:

Even if your water breaks early, it's okay to have a water birth in a sterile tub (you don't want to take baths as the sac is now open and germs can reach baby).

Turtledoves
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:52 PM
It only happens to 10% of women before labor. I was one of those women, who was also going to do a water birth. It was annoying, but didn't affect anything. I went three days with my water broken before I had her.

Quoting Shaketa123:

I'm really worried that oneday just in random that it might break for no reason and the women in my pregnancy group tells me that there is a possibility that it can break for no reason

Quoting Turtledoves:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shaketa123
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:54 PM

3 days that has 2 be painful

Quoting Turtledoves:

It only happens to 10% of women before labor. I was one of those women, who was also going to do a water birth. It was annoying, but didn't affect anything. I went three days with my water broken before I had her.

Quoting Shaketa123:

Quoting Turtledoves:

Turtledoves
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:56 PM
It wasn't fun! Especially because my body makes a lot more water on average (in fact, I shocked a whole team of nurses when I finally went to the hospital, they didn't know what to do with me because I had SO much water!) But not many women go through that.

Quoting Shaketa123:

Quoting Turtledoves:

Quoting Shaketa123:

Quoting Turtledoves:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shaketa123
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Omg

Quoting Turtledoves:

It wasn't fun! Especially because my body makes a lot more water on average (in fact, I shocked a whole team of nurses when I finally went to the hospital, they didn't know what to do with me because I had SO much water!) But not many women go through that.

Quoting Shaketa123:

Quoting Turtledoves:

Quoting Shaketa123:

Quoting Turtledoves:

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:24 PM

If you start taking vitamin c (in addition to your prenatal), it will help keep the bag of water strong and can delay/prevent your membranes from ever rupturing. :) 

Quoting Shaketa123:

Quoting Turtledoves:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
IJV_4213
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:51 PM

3 days after your water broke? I heard from a friend that once your water breaks, you have to have the baby in 24 hours or else you can get an infection or a fever. That's what the doctor's told her, and she ended up needing to get induced, and then needed a cesarean. What did your doctor or midwife tell you about that?

Quoting Turtledoves:

Quoting Shaketa123:

Quoting Turtledoves:

doulala
by Emerald Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:52 PM

It can happen, it does where ever you are planning to deliver.       You should have a lot of maxi pads ( I even use cloth diapers/hand towels) because it may be days, weeks, etc and can get messy.   lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured