Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

pap smears and more.....

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:23 PM
  • 7 Replies
Ive been preg 17 times (12 mcs) and carried 5 babies.. so you would think that these things wouldnt bother me...but at my last dr appt I was soooooo irritated and felt violated....
Maybe doula lady can help......
What would really be the purpose of a pap smear and checking me this early on at 11 weeks?
I have never had a single abnormal test of any kind.... so why would a pap be beneficial during pregnancy?
It bothered me sooo much I just wish the state of Illinois had midwives..... here in Southern il there is no one...just medical drs who all carry on the same way.... i like my dr..but overall i am sick of this silly "get stark naked and let him see it all before birth" thing.... I dont know what is going on but I feel more modest now than ever......lol
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Tiffnkids
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:35 PM

BUMP!

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Most doctors will do a pap at your first visit if it has been a year since you had one. It's just a precaution and to find out about your general health, just like always taking your vitals and such. You can refuse it though. You can refuse anything you want to or tell the doctor how you are feeling and have them do things differently. 

My guess would be that you are holding onto something deep down that caused you to feel negatively about this one when you haven't with others. Maybe the way he touched you or acted triggered something for you. Or maybe you are being affected by the hormones more today than usual.

Tiffnkids
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:42 PM
Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Most doctors will do a pap at your first visit if it has been a year since you had one. It's just a precaution and to find out about your general health, just like always taking your vitals and such. You can refuse it though. You can refuse anything you want to or tell the doctor how you are feeling and have them do things differently. 

My guess would be that you are holding onto something deep down that caused you to feel negatively about this one when you haven't with others. Maybe the way he touched you or acted triggered something for you. Or maybe you are being affected by the hormones more today than usual.

thanks for the info..... When he first came in he said something about my age (28) and how many pregnancies ive had.... it just annoyed me.... i think it set my mood plus yes im more moody now than ever.....lol more than any other pregnancy.....
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:45 PM

That's probably did it then. It's crazy how every pregnancy really is different and the hormones can do things you never experienced before.

Quoting Tiffnkids:

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

thanks for the info..... When he first came in he said something about my age (28) and how many pregnancies ive had.... it just annoyed me.... i think it set my mood plus yes im more moody now than ever.....lol more than any other pregnancy.....

pacificamom
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:51 PM

I always get one-I would want to know about any abnormal findings that could endanger the baby. I just assumed that was why

Tiffnkids
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:57 PM
I had one in Jan of this year... he didnt do the official pap...but he checked me and checked the boobs... it just felt like overkill...
Rayawni
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:42 AM
1 mom liked this
With that many pregnancies it can cause an incompetent cervix. Not for everyone but its puts you at higher risk. Also at this point when they check you they feel the fundus of your uterus. With the pap they check for stds and any abnormal cells
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN