Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Thanks to pinkiebabii, I found this information about formula feeding out! SCARY! PIOG

Harmful to Baby:

1 Increased risk of asthma

2 Increased risk of allergy

3 Reduced cognitive development

4 Increased risk of acute

respiratory disease

5 Increased dental malformation

6 Increased risk for infection from

contaminated formula

7 Increased risk of nutrient

deficiencies

8 Increased risk of childhood

cancers

9 Increased risk of chronic diseases

10 Increased risk of diabetes

11 Increased risk of cardiovascular

disease

12 Increased risk of obesity

13 Increased risk of gastrointestinal

infections

14 Increased risk of mortality

15 Increased risk of otitismedia and

ear infections

16 Increased risk of side effects of

environmental contaminants

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:29 AM
Replies (21-30):
trilliandent42
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:53 PM

My source is the WHO (World Health Organization), which is the NATO of the medical community...

Quoting needsupport100:

my dd is 10, she was breast fed for 3 months, then formula and she's is healthy and holds honor roll status on her own and above her level with most tasks.

this is statistical information..........that doesn't mean it happens to everyone and how reliable is the source?

TTC2Long
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:54 PM
Right. About the BAD things that can happen and/or the statistical few who can survive them.

Quoting needsupport100:

Quoting TTC2Long:

You just compared formula use to carcinogens, aids and the black plague. Just sayin.

it's all statistical information

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TripletTwin_Mom
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:01 PM
3 moms liked this
People crack me up imposing their personal opinions and lifestyles on others and holding their noses in the air...EVERYONE can't breastfeed and that doesn't mean you arent doing the best for your child...I wish I could see some of these moms on here in person!!! They love to bash and judge over the computer and don't even know or have relationships with the women in these forums!!! The judgemental I do things this way and since you don't your a horrible mom posters in these forums should ALL go play in traffic!!!

Quoting Larsbug:

so because I formula feed I don't take good enough care of them?

Quoting RhondaVeggie:

I'm glad we have it for the very rare cases where a woman can't feed her baby or she dies before a child is old enough to wean but I don't know why anyone would choose to use it. I was formula fed because my mother thought breast feeding was gross and I had several of the issues on that list. Why bother having kids if you're not willing to take the best care of them you can?

TripletTwin_Mom
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:05 PM
Who are you to say what choice is best??? Do you know the individual or their situation or the reasons WHY they made that decision??? Probably not...

Quoting Randi02:

You're not giving them the best start. You're feeding them something with known health risks.

It doesn't mean you're a bad parent, but if you're choosing formula- you're not making the healthiest choice for your children.

Quoting Larsbug:

Quoting RhondaVeggie:

I'm glad we have it for the very rare cases where a woman can't feed her baby or she dies before a child is old enough to wean but I don't know why anyone would choose to use it. I was formula fed because my mother thought breast feeding was gross and I had several of the issues on that list. Why bother having kids if you're not willing to take the best care of them you can?

Randi02
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:11 PM
Formula is 4th best. It is not the best choice for baby, healthwise.

Quoting TripletTwin_Mom:

Who are you to say what choice is best??? Do you know the individual or their situation or the reasons WHY they made that decision??? Probably not...

Quoting Randi02:

You're not giving them the best start. You're feeding them something with known health risks.

It doesn't mean you're a bad parent, but if you're choosing formula- you're not making the healthiest choice for your children.

Quoting Larsbug:

Quoting RhondaVeggie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TripletTwin_Mom
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:13 PM
And as a statistic that's fine to state but to attack someone's parenting or decision making because they FF is wrong flat out!!!

Quoting Randi02:

Quoting TripletTwin_Mom:

Quoting Randi02:

Quoting Larsbug:

Quoting RhondaVeggie:

trilliandent42
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this

BFing wasn't a "decision" for me, it just is...  That being said, I am sharing this information.  I did not know that formula carried so many risks.  I was shocked.  I think that those that get so worked up get frightened when they find out they put or are putting their children in jeopardy, lashing out at those they feel are judging them.  

But, if you ask my opinion, I do not think that women who CAN BF should FF.  Formula should be limited to those women that CANNOT BF.  FFing because you don't want your boobs to sag is not an appropriate reason...  Get a boob job afterwards, don't put your baby in unnecessary danger...  Personally, I do find it selfish to not BF if you are capable.

Quoting TripletTwin_Mom:

Quoting Randi02:

Quoting Larsbug:

Quoting RhondaVeggie:

TripletTwin_Mom
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:27 PM
Your opinion is just that...YOUR opinion...presenting information and facts to educate is one thing...there is NOTHING anyone on ANY forum can say to justify bashing someone because their personal choice conflicts with your personal opinion...I appreciate facts and education all day, what I don't appreciate is the validity of those facts being jaded by a personal and perceptually biased opinion!!!

Quoting trilliandent42:

BFing wasn't a "decision" for me, it just is...  That being said, I am sharing this information.  I did not know that formula carried so many risks.  I was shocked.  I think that those that get so worked up get frightened when they find out they put or are putting their children in jeopardy, lashing out at those they feel are judging them.  

But, if you ask my opinion, I do not think that women who CAN BF should FF.  Formula should be limited to those women that CANNOT BF.  FFing because you don't want your boobs to sag is not an appropriate reason...  Get a boob job afterwards, don't put your baby in unnecessary danger...  Personally, I do find it selfish to not BF if you are capable.

Quoting TripletTwin_Mom:

Quoting Randi02:

Quoting Larsbug:

Quoting RhondaVeggie:

Randi02
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:32 PM
Facts and opinions are two different things. The difference may be that her opinion is backed up by facts.

Choosing formula over breast milk is not the best choice. It is intended to be a last resort, and there are risks associated with that synthetic food.

Quoting TripletTwin_Mom:

Your opinion is just that...YOUR opinion...presenting information and facts to educate is one thing...there is NOTHING anyone on ANY forum can say to justify bashing someone because their personal choice conflicts with your personal opinion...I appreciate facts and education all day, what I don't appreciate is the validity of those facts being jaded by a personal and perceptually biased opinion!!!

Quoting trilliandent42:

Quoting TripletTwin_Mom:

Quoting Randi02:

Quoting Larsbug:

Quoting RhondaVeggie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Randi02
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I never attacked her.
I never said her choice was bad, just that its not the healthiest/best choice for her baby- and that's true.

You seem very defensive. Feeling guilty about your feeding choices?

Quoting TripletTwin_Mom:

And as a statistic that's fine to state but to attack someone's parenting or decision making because they FF is wrong flat out!!!

Quoting Randi02:

Quoting TripletTwin_Mom:

Quoting Randi02:

Quoting Larsbug:

Quoting RhondaVeggie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)