Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Thanks to pinkiebabii, I found this information about formula feeding out! SCARY! PIOG

Harmful to Baby:

1 Increased risk of asthma

2 Increased risk of allergy

3 Reduced cognitive development

4 Increased risk of acute

respiratory disease

5 Increased dental malformation

6 Increased risk for infection from

contaminated formula

7 Increased risk of nutrient

deficiencies

8 Increased risk of childhood

cancers

9 Increased risk of chronic diseases

10 Increased risk of diabetes

11 Increased risk of cardiovascular

disease

12 Increased risk of obesity

13 Increased risk of gastrointestinal

infections

14 Increased risk of mortality

15 Increased risk of otitismedia and

ear infections

16 Increased risk of side effects of

environmental contaminants

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:29 AM
Replies (51-60):
TripletTwin_Mom
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:23 PM
Smh no it's calling people selfish or telling them they didn't make the best choice without knowing WHY they made that choice...

Quoting doulala:

It's the assumption that health & safety should be a mother's priority that is upsetting you?

Because
"best" means different things to different people.

You have twins *and triplets?    Fun!     ;-)

Quoting TripletTwin_Mom:

Lol!!! ALL SIX of my children including a set of twins and triplets were breastfed!!! :-) I just get tired of seeing the same thing on these forums...judgement and bashing!!! I'm an advocate for BFing I'm NOT an advocate for looking down on people because they do things differently than I do!!! Now lemme tell you one time and one time only you don't know ANYTHING about me so before you get your rocks off by trying to attack me over the Internet and throw shots and sarcasm...DON'T...have a nice night sweety...time for me to feed my twins!!!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
trilliandent42
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:25 PM

I see the formula crowd does not want the breast feeders to have opinions.  Only the formula feeders can "judge and bash".  Honestly, I haven't bashed anyone, but I feel like the formula crowd is attacking me for having any opinion.  I am not a journalist, I am allowed to state my opinion.  For those of you that think formula feeding is best, why don't you ask the mothers who have lost children due to bacteria what their decision would be today?

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-01-05/bacteria-tied-to-baby-s-death-linked-to-formula-since-1980s.html

Some women DESPERATELY want to breastfeed their babies, and cannot; when a perfectly healthy and capable women sticks up her nose to it- well, if that isn't selfish, I don't know what is...

MrS.GiFFord
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Oh please I formula fed both of my boys and the most they get is a cold and don't have any allergies!

MrS.GiFFord
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Are you kidding me???? All I ever hear is the breast feeding nazi telling formula feeding moms how freak selfish and terrible they are! You are just one of many who posts this anti formula crap. Its getting so damn old.

Quoting trilliandent42:

I see the formula crowd does not want the breast feeders to have opinions.  Only the formula feeders can "judge and bash".  Honestly, I haven't bashed anyone, but I feel like the formula crowd is attacking me for having any opinion.  I am not a journalist, I am allowed to state my opinion.  For those of you that think formula feeding is best, why don't you ask the mothers who have lost children due to bacteria what their decision would be today?

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-01-05/bacteria-tied-to-baby-s-death-linked-to-formula-since-1980s.html

Some women DESPERATELY want to breastfeed their babies, and cannot; when a perfectly healthy and capable women sticks up her nose to it- well, if that isn't selfish, I don't know what is...

trilliandent42
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Would you tell a mother that was crying because she could not breastfeed her child that it is ridiculous for her to think breastfeeding is best?  My sister had to wear all sorts of contraptions to try to increase her supply while supplement through tubes attached to her breasts, and when she finally gave up, she was devastated.  It was very hard for me to see my sister that way.  So, I feel it is selfish to not do what nature intended, when you are perfectly capable...  

And, I feel like the formula crowd is much more aggressive, because they know breast is best, and it hurts to be reminded of that.  I have seen people my age asking their mothers why they didn't breastfeed them.  One friend of mine asked her mom if she didn't think she was important enough.  Pretty sad.

Quoting MrS.GiFFord:

Are you kidding me???? All I ever hear is the breast feeding nazi telling formula feeding moms how freak selfish and terrible they are! You are just one of many who posts this anti formula crap. Its getting so damn old.

Quoting trilliandent42:

AngylJen
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:37 PM

I agree. Ive never seen a judgement post from a ff mother. I always see breast feeding moms sticking up their noses acting like we need to explain to them why WE arent feeding OUR babies breastmilk

Quoting MrS.GiFFord:

Quoting trilliandent42:

AngylJen
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:38 PM

LOL I think you're lying.. I have never once seen or head anyone whining or asking why they werent breast fed ahahahaha

Quoting trilliandent42:

Would you tell a mother that was crying because she could not breastfeed her child that it is ridiculous for her to think breastfeeding is best?  My sister had to wear all sorts of contraptions to try to increase her supply while supplement through tubes attached to her breasts, and when she finally gave up, she was devastated.  It was very hard for me to see my sister that way.  So, I feel it is selfish to not do what nature intended, when you are perfectly capable...  

And, I feel like the formula crowd is much more aggressive, because they know breast is best, and it hurts to be reminded of that.  I have seen people my age asking their mothers why they didn't breastfeed them.  One friend of mine asked her mom if she didn't think she was important enough.  Pretty sad.

Quoting MrS.GiFFord:

Quoting trilliandent42:

trilliandent42
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:39 PM

You don't have to explain it to me, just your children.

Quoting AngylJen:

I agree. Ive never seen a judgement post from a ff mother. I always see breast feeding moms sticking up their noses acting like we need to explain to them why WE arent feeding OUR babies breastmilk

Quoting MrS.GiFFord:

Quoting trilliandent42:

MrS.GiFFord
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:40 PM

No...I am annoyed because this is the same crap you all say over and over. I for one have perfectly healty children and all of this crap you spew holds no ground with me. I mean you really think anything you say is going to change a formula feeders mind? My mind? No. Its just going to make me roll my eyes and think "not this crap again".

Quoting trilliandent42:

Quoting MrS.GiFFord:

Quoting trilliandent42:

redvelvet42
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:43 PM

so why without medical necessity would families elect to formula feed?

you did not mention infant constipation and foul smelling poops

or that the  poor babies have to strain really hard to poop

and what about the expense of formula? when breastfeeding i remember only having to buy nursing pads and they don't cost that much.

but to each her/ his own i guess

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)