Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Thanks to pinkiebabii, I found this information about formula feeding out! SCARY! PIOG

Harmful to Baby:

1 Increased risk of asthma

2 Increased risk of allergy

3 Reduced cognitive development

4 Increased risk of acute

respiratory disease

5 Increased dental malformation

6 Increased risk for infection from

contaminated formula

7 Increased risk of nutrient

deficiencies

8 Increased risk of childhood

cancers

9 Increased risk of chronic diseases

10 Increased risk of diabetes

11 Increased risk of cardiovascular

disease

12 Increased risk of obesity

13 Increased risk of gastrointestinal

infections

14 Increased risk of mortality

15 Increased risk of otitismedia and

ear infections

16 Increased risk of side effects of

environmental contaminants

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:29 AM
Replies (61-70):
MrS.GiFFord
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this

LMAO you are so ridiculous. I never stop to think...damn wtf is wrong with my mom...why didn't she feed me her boob milk? I don't know anyone like that...I guess its must be a breastfeeding mom thing.

Quoting trilliandent42:

You don't have to explain it to me, just your children.

Quoting AngylJen:

I agree. Ive never seen a judgement post from a ff mother. I always see breast feeding moms sticking up their noses acting like we need to explain to them why WE arent feeding OUR babies breastmilk

Quoting MrS.GiFFord:

Are you kidding me???? All I ever hear is the breast feeding nazi telling formula feeding moms how freak selfish and terrible they are! You are just one of many who posts this anti formula crap. Its getting so damn old.

Quoting trilliandent42:

I see the formula crowd does not want the breast feeders to have opinions.  Only the formula feeders can "judge and bash".  Honestly, I haven't bashed anyone, but I feel like the formula crowd is attacking me for having any opinion.  I am not a journalist, I am allowed to state my opinion.  For those of you that think formula feeding is best, why don't you ask the mothers who have lost children due to bacteria what their decision would be today?

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-01-05/bacteria-tied-to-baby-s-death-linked-to-formula-since-1980s.html

Some women DESPERATELY want to breastfeed their babies, and cannot; when a perfectly healthy and capable women sticks up her nose to it- well, if that isn't selfish, I don't know what is...

AngylJen
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:43 PM

I'll never have to explain anything to them. I am 30 years old and never cared about how I was fed. I dont think anyone really thinks back to that first year of life and goes damn, I should have been fed breast milk LOL

Quoting trilliandent42:

Quoting AngylJen:

I agree. Ive never seen a judgement post from a ff mother. I always see breast feeding moms sticking up their noses acting like we need to explain to them why WE arent feeding OUR babies breastmilk

Quoting MrS.GiFFord:

Are you kidding me???? All I ever hear is the breast feeding nazi telling formula feeding moms how freak selfish and terrible they are! You are just one of many who posts this anti formula crap. Its getting so damn old.

Quoting trilliandent42:

I see the formula crowd does not want the breast feeders to have opinions.  Only the formula feeders can "judge and bash".  Honestly, I haven't bashed anyone, but I feel like the formula crowd is attacking me for having any opinion.  I am not a journalist, I am allowed to state my opinion.  For those of you that think formula feeding is best, why don't you ask the mothers who have lost children due to bacteria what their decision would be today?

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-01-05/bacteria-tied-to-baby-s-death-linked-to-formula-since-1980s.html

Some women DESPERATELY want to breastfeed their babies, and cannot; when a perfectly healthy and capable women sticks up her nose to it- well, if that isn't selfish, I don't know what is...

trilliandent42
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:43 PM

You'd like to believe that,wouldn't you?  Whatever it takes...

Quoting AngylJen:

LOL I think you're lying.. I have never once seen or head anyone whining or asking why they werent breast fed ahahahaha

Quoting trilliandent42:

Would you tell a mother that was crying because she could not breastfeed her child that it is ridiculous for her to think breastfeeding is best?  My sister had to wear all sorts of contraptions to try to increase her supply while supplement through tubes attached to her breasts, and when she finally gave up, she was devastated.  It was very hard for me to see my sister that way.  So, I feel it is selfish to not do what nature intended, when you are perfectly capable...  

And, I feel like the formula crowd is much more aggressive, because they know breast is best, and it hurts to be reminded of that.  I have seen people my age asking their mothers why they didn't breastfeed them.  One friend of mine asked her mom if she didn't think she was important enough.  Pretty sad.

Quoting MrS.GiFFord:

Quoting trilliandent42:

doulala
by Emerald Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:44 PM

lol
  Stick around CM then.    You will surely see.

Quoting AngylJen:

Ive never seen a judgement post from a ff mother. 

AngylJen
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this

LMAO. If anyhing, I look back and think damn.. I was loved.. I never had any needs unmet and my wants were met as well..   I guess I do blame my parents..never gave me a sibling..so I have that only child, I dont share mentality =)

Quoting MrS.GiFFord:

LMAO you are so ridiculous. I never stop to think...damn wtf is wrong with my mom...why didn't she feed me her boob milk? I don't know anyone like that...I guess its must be a breastfeeding mom thing.

Quoting trilliandent42:

Quoting AngylJen:

Quoting MrS.GiFFord:

Quoting trilliandent42:

doulala
by Emerald Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:45 PM

But there is a difference between risk and cause.

An example of risk:    Drunk driving is riskier than sober driving.
      It doesn't mean you WILL get into a crash but the chances increase.     

Quoting AngylJen:

Oh, ffs.. i was FF.. Im not sick.. no serious issues. 

AngylJen
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Do you even walk around seeing mothers and thinking..damn, I wonder if they breast feed.. that child looks so skinny..damn.. smh..must be formula fed 

Quoting trilliandent42:

You'd like to believe that,wouldn't you?  Whatever it takes...

Quoting AngylJen:

LOL I think you're lying.. I have never once seen or head anyone whining or asking why they werent breast fed ahahahaha

Quoting trilliandent42:

Would you tell a mother that was crying because she could not breastfeed her child that it is ridiculous for her to think breastfeeding is best?  My sister had to wear all sorts of contraptions to try to increase her supply while supplement through tubes attached to her breasts, and when she finally gave up, she was devastated.  It was very hard for me to see my sister that way.  So, I feel it is selfish to not do what nature intended, when you are perfectly capable...  

And, I feel like the formula crowd is much more aggressive, because they know breast is best, and it hurts to be reminded of that.  I have seen people my age asking their mothers why they didn't breastfeed them.  One friend of mine asked her mom if she didn't think she was important enough.  Pretty sad.

Quoting MrS.GiFFord:

Quoting trilliandent42:

marinesweetie
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Im glad DS was a breastfed baby for 18 months :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trilliandent42
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:46 PM

My father does...  He was formula fed 60 years ago, and he has been blaming some of his health problems on formula for years.  I listened, but never really took him seriously until now...  You'd be suprised what kids ask their parents as adults, and what they think about the answers.  Good luck! :-}

Quoting AngylJen:

I'll never have to explain anything to them. I am 30 years old and never cared about how I was fed. I dont think anyone really thinks back to that first year of life and goes damn, I should have been fed breast milk LOL

Quoting trilliandent42:

Quoting AngylJen:

Quoting MrS.GiFFord:

Quoting trilliandent42:

mama2gg
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:46 PM
Ds was ff and is perfect but I will be ebf dd when born
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)