Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How accurate is it?....

Posted by   + Show Post

So at my 28 week appt my doc said I was measuring big didnt say much else except we would see what my 1 hr test for gd says well I failed it but just barely and I did the 3 hr test which I passed, she then gave me an ultrasound at 30 weeks and my lil boy is measuring a lil over 4 pounds already! she said if I keep up with the normal rate that babies tend to grow he would be 9/9.5 pounds by birth so she wants me to follow the gd diet as much as I can to try and prevent that. I have heard that the farther along you get the less accurate they are. It was fun to see my lil man again. Here is a pic of his lil face. I am getting a 3D/4D one next thurs cant wait to really get a look at what he will look like!

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:05 AM
Replies (11-12):
Jess21608
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Thanks ladies. I have put on 15 pounds total this pregnancy Im hoping to stay under that. My OB wanted me to stay under 10 since Im plus size to begin with.

Lizzys_mommy13
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:02 AM

Yeah... I'd watch it. They tend to say one thing and then do another. Mine pulled that one. They might not be fibbing about the induction part. They probably wont encourage induction if they feel baby is bigger. 
I was 5lbs 12oz at birth. My husband was 4lbs 11oz. Our daughter... 9lbs 15oz. No diabetes. LOL  She was a chunker! So, your birth weight doesn't really determine what baby's will be. Thank goodness this little guy has measured smaller than she ever did the entire time.  

Quoting Jess21608:

Quoting Lizzys_mommy13:

Sono's are super inaccurate for weight judgement. Once in a while you get a tech that is oober good and hits it right on the nail (I had one that hit it dead on!). I wouldn't stress it. 
Also, if they are starting in on the "big baby" thing now, watch it! They tend to like to use that as an excuse to induce early or do c-sections. Don't sign any papers for that unless there is an actual medical reason. They did that crap to me and I wish I had been a little more educated at the time about it. Gotta love the convenience factor.  

I really dont think he will be as big as they say..dunno if it has any factor but my hubby and I were both smaller babies like 7 to 7.5 range so thats what Im guessing. At 20 weeks he was 13 oz so just shy of one pound so they are saying in 10 weeks he has gained like 3.5 pounds that seems excessive to me. My OB said she wont induce on weight even if he gets that big but to me it sounds like it could be a higher chance for c section. I guess we shall see!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)