Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

When did you stop working during your pregnancy?

I was PLANING on working up till the day he came So that I can use my vaca/sick time for when he was here. Now at 38 weeks my ankles swell terribly, I'm exhausted and hurt in every part of my body. Doctor doesn't give me a happy look when she hears I'm still working but says as long as I can handle it then okay. My ankles are beyond huge today and I'm wondering if it's time to give it quits. When did you stop?

I have a very active on my feet health care field job so it's not like I can really just put my feet up :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:42 PM
Replies (11-20):
Mom2five87
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:38 PM

With the twins, the doctor made me stop at about 30 weeks. I wasn't working when I was pregnant with the other 2.

pregnancy week by week

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Nolanzo
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:46 PM
A lot sooner than I wanted to... about 10 weeks along. Fainting and constant dizziness... it was devastating. As much pain as I'm in now and how diffi ult this pregnancy has been I cannot imagine being able to work. Unfortunately I was denied temporary disability so I'm effing broke to boot.
mama2gg
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:50 PM
I only work when I want to we own our company
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shortyali
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:37 PM
With my DS1 I was pulled around 36 weeks because I was in an accident on my way to work and had spotting. With DD I was pulled at 34 weeks because she stopped growing and I was put on bed rest. With DS2 I was pulled out at 38 weeks because of swelling like your talking about.
victoriahearts
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:39 PM

With my first son I was on bedrest pretty early due to preterm labor and thsi time around I'm expecting twins so I'm not sure , I want to work until the last day but at the same time I'm a PR manager I'm running all over top, standing on my feet doing events so I'm not sure how long I can do that while all pregnant, I'm hoping for until I give birth but I think I will have to quit somewhere along the lines of 32 to 35 weeks.

jen282
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:46 PM
I'm an X-ray the at a children's medical center and with my son I worked past my due date and with my daughter I worked until i was in labor. I suffered through because I knew it would be worth it to be able to all my time with the baby. Maternity leave goes by so fast as it is, I wanted every minute to be spent with baby.
luvmylilbean
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 5:46 PM

With my 1st I was planning on leaving a week before my due date just so I could relax a little and get things done at home, etc. I worked 40+ hours a week at a daycare center with infants through school age kids. So I was planning to leave at 39 weeks, but my daughter was born on a Sunday night the day I turned 37 weeks, so I worked up until I had her lol. This time around I babysit at home but it's just 2 babies right now and I am planning to keep watching them up until I have the baby.

KCartair
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:27 PM
Most people stop working when they are 8 months.
Jensep
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:28 PM

I worked on Wednesday, my water broke Thursday morning, I was planning n working that day :)

masonsmommy921
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm in X-ray too! Actually go between X-ray and MRI, they are trying to keep me in MRI as much as possible cuz I can sit down more but picking up the coils and even the walking around and patients I do it just completely exhausting. Im hoping I can make it 2 more weeks or till he comes like you said so I can spend every day of my leave with him.

Quoting jen282:

I'm an X-ray the at a children's medical center and with my son I worked past my due date and with my daughter I worked until i was in labor. I suffered through because I knew it would be worth it to be able to all my time with the baby. Maternity leave goes by so fast as it is, I wanted every minute to be spent with baby.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)