Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When did you stop working during your pregnancy?

I was PLANING on working up till the day he came So that I can use my vaca/sick time for when he was here. Now at 38 weeks my ankles swell terribly, I'm exhausted and hurt in every part of my body. Doctor doesn't give me a happy look when she hears I'm still working but says as long as I can handle it then okay. My ankles are beyond huge today and I'm wondering if it's time to give it quits. When did you stop?

I have a very active on my feet health care field job so it's not like I can really just put my feet up :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:42 PM
Replies (21-28):
OhSnapMom
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:15 PM

I didn't have a job while I was pregnant before (I was a student, then a SAHM), but I'm planning on working until I'm at least 38 weeks this time. I re-think that constantly - I'm almost 31 weeks now & my back and feet are killing me, I'm on  my feet for 4-8 hours at my job, so I don't know :(

JunkYdMom
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:06 PM
With my first 2 I worked in r&d of a intimate apperal company I worked right up tell I was in labor. Third child I broke my leg at 6months so I quit working then and never went back. I'm pregnant with twins now. I sometimes work in the office at our business when needed but my husband fires me regularly ..lol
anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:14 PM

My first, I didn't work.  This one? 34 weeks and I was out.  I only work part-time now, so I'm able to choose my schedule.  

armyslpbaby
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:59 PM

I'm still working and going to school full-time right now (30 weeks). I want to keep going till I can.. 

LoriAnn87
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:18 PM

With my first i stop working at 31 weeks because I developed preeclampisa and was admitted into the hosptial. With this one I'm 28 weeks and not sure when I will stop working I will talk to my OB about it when I see her next Tuesday. Once I know when I'm going out on leave I have to let my employeer know and fill out paper work for them and start paper work to get temporary disablity. I work in retail and my legs, back and knees hurt. My ankles are swollen and all i want to do is sit down but not able to because of my job. I would talk to your OB and see what they say.

masonsmommy921
by Christina on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:14 AM
Lol Tell him that's not nice!

Quoting JunkYdMom:

With my first 2 I worked in r&d of a intimate apperal company I worked right up tell I was in labor. Third child I broke my leg at 6months so I quit working then and never went back. I'm pregnant with twins now. I sometimes work in the office at our business when needed but my husband fires me regularly ..lol
masonsmommy921
by Christina on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:15 AM
Keep it up girl! Goodluck with school!

Quoting armyslpbaby:

I'm still working and going to school full-time right now (30 weeks). I want to keep going till I can.. 

CheyennesMommy2
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:55 AM
I worked until like 35 weeks woth my first, then was a sahm when I was pregnant with number two..now with number 3 I work ft in a hospital, constantly walking. Rarely do I get to sit, and im 32 weeks..i plan on working untill I go into labor, were short staff and they need me. Ive never gotten the whole "swollen ankles" while pregnant. Im tired, worn out, but im not gonna die from working. My ob actually encourages it to help keep active.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured