Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I don't know what's going on...

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:18 AM
  • 17 Replies
My name is, Ashley. I am 20 years old. I am about 4-6 days late on my period. I went to the dr's and it came out negative. Went and bought early response test, negative. My breasts are extremely swollen and, tender. They keep going from firm to not. I always experience tenderness around my oeriod but, not this bad nor do they get this big. I also have been having small cramps in my lower stomach. Kind of mild and only last about a minute and go through the day for about 3 days now. Usually I have on going cramps and my period follows within the hour. I have been getting more headaches, acid reflex/heartburn, backaches (not for a day now) sleepyness, increased appetite but, it went away the past day or so. I just don't understand what is going on and I am beginning to get very emotional because I am so confused...
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TaralynnStewart
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:19 AM
Did they do blood work? Missed/late period could always be from stress.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashleyb37
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:21 AM
No they didn't. I have had my period for 11 years and NEVER has it been late no matter what.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FarmGirl2B
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Buy a box of First Response early pregnancy tests. Test every few days first thing in the morning when your urine will have the highest concentration of pregnancy hormone. Some people take forever to get a positive. If still negative after 2 weeks and still no period, schedule a blood test.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashleyb37
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:28 AM
I just want feedback to know if anyone has experienced any of these symptoms...I bought early response tests have two left.
FarmGirl2B
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:30 AM
I was almost 2 months pregnant with my first before I tested positive. Some people take even longer. Not sure why.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashleyb37
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:32 AM
Well, that stinks :( I am so emotional about this. My boobs are killing me :/
FarmGirl2B
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:41 AM
If they are hurting that badly, it's a pretty good sign. Go braless whenever you can. Start taking prenatal just to be on the safe side.

Quoting Ashleyb37:

Well, that stinks :( I am so emotional about this. My boobs are killing me :/

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashleyb37
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:42 AM
Ok, thank you. Braless does help. Still painful though.
lillucky8
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:56 AM
Sorry, i tested pos before my period was due, but i have heard of some that take a while to show up positive. Hopefully you get your answers soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
YzmaRocks
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:37 AM
I always test positive late so it is possible you are pregnant. My last baby took 5-6 weeks to get a positive test.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)