Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

which number?

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:26 AM
  • 5 Replies

So at the doctor's yesterday (went in for an NST because baby hadn't moved much and I was contracting something awful but it turned out to be just good old pre labor) my blood pressure was 134/86. Tuesday it was much lower (can't remember the exact numbers). The nurse seemed a little concerned but just said to watch it (which I have been doing anyways). Today I am more short of breath and my left wrist is really hurting (maybe carpal tunnel?  I heard you can get that while pregnant) so I checked my blood pressure and it was 126/91. I am going to check it again in a few minutes like they would but my question is which number do they worry about more? The diastolic or systolic or both equally? I'm not dizzy, no headaches or anything like that. Peeing ok, drinking lots of water and resting when I can. I don't want to call the doctor and bug them yet again. I know I am a paranoid Mom even though I already have one son I was induced for PIH so the whole going into labor thing is new to me and I feel silly for all of the times I have called and/or gone in already. Just want some opinions and maybe some reassurance. :) Thanks ladies. :D

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
sparklebug86
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

well your BP is nothing to play with so if you are concerned, you should let them know :)

ilostmy_keys
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Your bottom is a better indicator of internal stressors. 90 is high, 80 is normal... There is a pretty grey area between the two but combined with a higher top number, I think it is worth contacting your doctor. Evaluate your diet, too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this

90 is high for a bottom number.  I've always heard that's the "magic" number.  Call your doc.  

november117
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I have cut out all extra salty things just to play it safe. Like I mentioned it was totally fine Tuesday. I am going to wait it out a bit and relax. Thank you for the advice! :)

Quoting ilostmy_keys:

Your bottom is a better indicator of internal stressors. 90 is high, 80 is normal... There is a pretty grey area between the two but combined with a higher top number, I think it is worth contacting your doctor. Evaluate your diet, too!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
november117
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:05 AM
Thank you. I am going to recheck one more time and if it is still up there call. I have ss and ds with me and dh really can't leave work unless it is an emergency so I am hoping it goes down. :)

Quoting anxiousschk:

90 is high for a bottom number.  I've always heard that's the "magic" number.  Call your doc.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN