Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Omg overwhelmed have a look!!!

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 5:59 PM
  • 47 Replies
Which are you going to do a medicated birth or natural?

Im just terrified about this go round. 8 years ago when I went into labor with my daughter i chose to have an epidural and it was the worst!!!!! The anesthesiologist caused me to have spinal headaches due to him i guess not knowing what he was doing. So as April is only 4 months away im scared!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 5:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
butterflycircle
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:14 PM

With my first I had an epi and it was great! I was miserable until they gave it to me and after I got it I didn't feel a thing and was able to sleep. The dr came in to check me aroun 8:45am and as he was checking me I told him I felt the urge to push and he said that was good b/c I was ready to go! 3 pushes later my baby girl was born at 9:14am.

My second birth was another story lol. I was induced and things were going well. They broke my water then shortly later I got the epi and pit. I think I was progressing to fast for my epi to work b/c it never did. 

This time I am hoping to go alllllll natural. I don't want to be induced or anything so I hope to labor at home as long as possible and then go to the hospital and birth a baby lol. 

sissy852
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:16 PM
i hope to have no meds but i have it open just in case i need it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:18 PM
I had an epi with both of mine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lulu_tattoos
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:28 PM
3 moms liked this
I had an epi with my first two children. I won't ever do it again.

The pain of labor is part of the process and is important. What we feel is a result of our bodies doing what they need to do in order to bring our babies out of the womb and into the world.

When you block the pain for yourself, you stop your body from releasing its natural pain-calming endorphins. Which means your baby doesn't get the benefit of those endorphins and will feel everything more intensely. I don't feel right about putting my baby through more pain and trauma than he needs to experience.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:54 PM

I had a horrible experience with a spinal or epidural (10 years ago, I'm not sure which it was, feel like it was a spinal).  

As a result, I'm trying to go natural this time.  We shall see.  

mem82
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:58 PM

I've done both. I say, see how you feel at the time. Spinal headaches are pretty rare but a blood patch can fix them immediately.

Turtledoves
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:59 PM
I'll be going med free again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OhSnapMom
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:02 PM

I've done 3 epidural births, I'm due in Feb. & planning to go natural this time.

In my case, I feel like the epidural really slowed down my labor each time & I feel like I could have handled labor without the epi, but decided to just go for it anyway. And I don't know for sure but I swear I still get pain in the spot where they've done it each time; I'm just afraid of getting another one.

- Beth

Pregnancy%20ticker

Devious103102
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:22 PM

I got an epi with my oldest 2 daughters (with DD1 I didn't want it but medically needed it towards the end cause of some complications I was having due to the induction, and with DD2 I requested it) with my next 2 daughters I went without and it was SOOOOO much better!  When I get preg/have the next I'll be going without again =0)

Tasha0802
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:23 PM

I don't have a choice. This will be my 4th c-section

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN