Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

contractions

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:07 PM
  • 19 Replies
Ok since I have never gone into labor on my own (induced with ds) amd have had two false alarms now I was wondering if any of you experienced Mamas could please tell me what a real contraction would feel like? I mean like when they first start so I don't go to the doctors or L&D for no reason again. What I felt with both false alarms felt pretty real to me. :/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:08 PM
2 moms liked this

They stay consistent and strong. You can't ignore them. They are wave like and peak and then ease.

november117
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:11 PM
When you say wave like do you mean start at the top of the uterus and work their way down?

Quoting mem82:

They stay consistent and strong. You can't ignore them. They are wave like and peak and then ease.

mama2gg
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:14 PM
They don't get weaker
They are steady and not random
4-1-1

Contractions 4 min apart lasting 1min for at least an hour
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
msswisher08
1 mom liked this
I think the wave feeling is how intense they get. Start mild then get inbareable back to mild.

Quoting november117:

When you say wave like do you mean start at the top of the uterus and work their way down?

Quoting mem82:

bellaamore
1 mom liked this

It was nothing like iexpected, nothing like tv.

It started out like period cramps. Just achy and icky and allaround crampy. It was constant. I got into the tub because i always do when period cramps come.

Anyhow, i remember visualizing this when the big contractions came, and its the best way to describe it:

I was sitting in the ocean, and the pain waslike the water. I was bobbing up and down,swishing around me,it was constant and deep. Then, a wave came, and i wouldrise and ride into it. This pain was more intense.

I hope that helps. Visualizing ithelpled,e to cope, too.

msswisher08
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:17 PM
Lmao this is so funny because I remember when Having contractions right before pushing I would rose in my bed during them and my husband said our looked like I was in the ocean jumping the waves lol

Quoting bellaamore:

It started out like period cramps. Just achy and icky and allaround crampy. It was constant. I got into the tub because i always do when period cramps come.

Anyhow, i remember visualizing this when the big contractions came, and its the best way to describe it:

I was sitting in the ocean, and the pain waslike the water. I was bobbing up and down,swishing around me,it was constant and deep. Then, a wave came, and i wouldrise and ride into it. This pain was more intense.

november117
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Quoting bellaamore:

mem82
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:30 PM

More like your lower belly (sometime back). Wave like as in they feel like someone is twisting tighter and tighter and then loosens gradually. It peaks and then ebbs.

Quoting november117:

Quoting mem82:

november117
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:14 PM
Oh ok. That makes sense. :) Thank you!

Quoting mem82:

More like your lower belly (sometime back). Wave like as in they feel like someone is twisting tighter and tighter and then loosens gradually. It peaks and then ebbs.

Quoting november117:

Quoting mem82:

anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this

One of my birth educators said that it was usually more than just the contractions.  

The contractions won't ease, even after tylenol or resting or a hot bath (and)   Your water has broken, you've passed your mucus plug (and I can't remember the other ones...)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)