Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

feeling "wetter" than normal

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:08 PM
  • 8 Replies

i went to the dr today and i was checked out and i was dilated to 1-1 1/2 well now i just feel like i am overly wet down there i just feel like i need to wear a diaper.. i keep going and cleaning up.. is this normal.. i also am having horrid cramps that are very high and shooting through my back, my hips feel broken and my butt feels heavy... could we be having this baby soon... anyone

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Did you ask if your Dr stripped your membranes? (He/she should have said something to you if they did- otherwise this is a major red flag)

The doctor could have made a leak in your bag of water, it could be the gel they use when they do vaginal exams, or it could just be your discharge liquifying (normal at the end of pregnancy).

KCartair
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:05 PM
It might be the baby trying to come soon, you should go to the hospital so they can check to see if your water broke.
sissy852
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:09 PM
you should go to the l&d and make sure that your water didnt break. It sounds like it could have
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Meghan6391
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:46 PM

i have my last ultrasound of this exciting high risk pregnancy on monday and then we will be inducing shortly after that. i lost my mucous plug on monday and i am hoping that everything can speed up here soon. as far as the gel i am sure i got all that cleaned up it was gross and i hate that stuff but i would rather them use that then go dry lol

Quoting Pandapanda:

Did you ask if your Dr stripped your membranes? (He/she should have said something to you if they did- otherwise this is a major red flag)

The doctor could have made a leak in your bag of water, it could be the gel they use when they do vaginal exams, or it could just be your discharge liquifying (normal at the end of pregnancy).

doulala
by Emerald Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Getting checked has a lot of risks and this may be a result from that, hopefully you are okay now!

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:51 AM

The pains you are feeling sound like contractions. If you are still having them, you may want to call your doctor. Unless of course it is ok for you to have baby now. Then you would just wait it out and go in when they are stronger and closer together.

musicpisces
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:52 AM

If you have been sitting awhile, then get up, is there a small gush (or a big gush)?  Are you urinating as much as you normally would?  Any color or odor?

The cramps are likely not labor contractions, from the description, but definitely those lovely "practice" contractions we all know and love.

There's no need to get your cervix checked unless you feel an urge to push.  Every check, especially if you water has broken, significantly increases your risk of infection.

Are you drinking enough water?  That might make a difference in your contractions and pain.  Have a large glass of water and lay on your side for an hour or so.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Mamaof32012
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:05 AM

You mite have a small leak in your bag I had one with my dd and then when they checked me my water broke all the way GL keep us updated

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured