Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

3 weeks PP did someyhing stupid PLEASE NO BASHING

Posted by   + Show Post
I had unprotected sex with hubby 3 days ago. Yesterday I had a little spotting for about an hour. I stopped bleeding from birth after the first week. I'm terrified I maybe got pregnant again. Again please no lectures or judging.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:17 PM
Replies (51-60):
AtiFreeFalls
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:51 AM
Quoting Teascha:

At five weeks pregnant you've been pregnant for three weeks lol. I know that's confusing, but that's how its counted!
FrumpyMama
by Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:59 AM
2 moms liked this

You are still in the post partum fog, it happens. Especially since you both were probably not thinking "Hey we need to protect." more like "HEY! THe baby is asleep and I have energy!!". 

mrsladyface
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:00 PM
Lol yeah I figure you can but they advise you not to have see for at least 3 weeks anyway so...

Quoting Teascha:

You can get pregnant much earlier than that haha When I was going in to the OB with our second, I met a lady with a six week old newborn and she was five weeks pregnant again. I didn't think it was even possible until I overheard part of her conversation with the doctor! I thought that was insane and took much better precautions from then out lol

Quoting mrsladyface:

I went to a parenting class this past week and was told by the RN that you can get pregnant again as early as 3 weeks after giving birth and you are more likely to get pregnant right after giving birth... I would take a test as soon as you think it would show!!!

jakesmom323
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:02 PM
That's why they say to wait 6 weeks in case that happens. On previous posts, I've heard stories of this happening to other woman and how their babies are 9 months apart. It's really taxing on your body and I hope everything goes ok.
MyLittlePwny
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:09 PM

I'm 2w 2d pp and the idea of sex just scares me.  I had an unplanned natural delivery and felt so much pain that I'm scared to let anything close down there.  When I was discharged from the hospital, they said you could get pregnant as early as 2 weeks pp.  With our first, we waited 4 weeks and had sex (only using the pull out method) and we didn't get pregnant.  She's now 4.5 years and I just had our second.  Are you planning on getting on BC? I would definitely chill out or use protection.  Have you considered taking Plan B just in case you really aren't ready for another baby so soon?

MyLittlePwny
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:12 PM

OMGsh I would shoot myself, LOL.  I couldn't imagine taking care of a newborn and being pregnant again.  No freaking way!

Quoting Teascha:

You can get pregnant much earlier than that haha When I was going in to the OB with our second, I met a lady with a six week old newborn and she was five weeks pregnant again. I didn't think it was even possible until I overheard part of her conversation with the doctor! I thought that was insane and took much better precautions from then out lol

Quoting mrsladyface:

I went to a parenting class this past week and was told by the RN that you can get pregnant again as early as 3 weeks after giving birth and you are more likely to get pregnant right after giving birth... I would take a test as soon as you think it would show!!!

Monkeymama930
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:20 PM
We tried to have ours back to back (due to my husband having to undergo some medical stuff.) You can go to the doc and get a pregnancy test :-)
sugarfox72
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:21 PM
My sisters are 10 months apart... it happens...
sugarfox72
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:25 PM
My sisters are just like this but the younger one gets a month and a half to be the same age as the older. The older hates being the same age as the younger but the young one loves it! Lol

Quoting sweet_bumblbee:

I got pregnant with my second child right after having my first. It was a c section. They are called Irish twins lol. My 2 nd gets to be the same age as her sister for the week. So Natalie is 11, Trinity will turn 11 before Natalie turns 12. I hope that makes since. So if you are try not to worry I wouldn't go back and change a thing.

TTC2Long
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:28 PM
Oh really? That must be why my ob warned me of the several women she's had in her practice who got pregnant unexpectedly with TWINS in the first few weeks post partum. It's part of her post partum check up speech. Have you read the replies? It happens all the time. If it were so difficult, there wouldn't be so many stories about it. Heck, my grandma bf'd and my mom and aunt are 10 months apart!

Quoting AtiFreeFalls:

Quoting TTC2Long:

This is completely false. There is absolutely no physiological reason a woman is super fertile in the 6 weeks post partum, and it is one of my biggest pet peeves when people say there is.

Actually, its quite unlikely that you will ovulate for at least 4 weeks even if you're not breastfeeding, and if you ARE breastfeeding the risk is further reduced.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)