Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 weeks PP did someyhing stupid PLEASE NO BASHING

Posted by   + Show Post
I had unprotected sex with hubby 3 days ago. Yesterday I had a little spotting for about an hour. I stopped bleeding from birth after the first week. I'm terrified I maybe got pregnant again. Again please no lectures or judging.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:17 PM
Replies (11-20):
chamelinmom
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:24 AM

DH and i never waited. the soonest was 3 days after birth to 2weeks after birth. Its most likely irritation, i would have more bleeding for the first few times. we never got pregnant until my period started which normally was 10weeks to 6months depending on how well breastfeeding was working...good luck. if your worried, take a test before you go into the office for your 6 week apointment

sunbunny2006
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:39 AM

I got pregnant with my second daughter just 4 weeks after I had my first, so it does happen.

cryleerhi
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:48 AM

I always have sex during PP.  well once I stop bleeding.  I have never gotten pregnant that quick.  We let it happen when it happens.  I have gotten pregnant when my youngest was 3 mo old 3 times now.  I'm due with my 6th and I got pregnant with her when my youngest was 6 mo old.

mysty923
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I also had unprotected at 2.5 weeks

I read so much online first about the average being 56 days to ovulate

I did not worry at all

Mom2Just1
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck!  I always wait 6 weeks because I know it is best for my body to heal.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

happymommy2b90
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:14 PM
i had sex 3 weeks pp also but we used a condom
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyTiny
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:27 PM

I wasn't able to have sex until 5 weeks pp 'cause it hurt to dang bad. Definately not judging though. You could get pregnant even if you had used a condom, just depends when your body decided to ovulate, in some women it can be within a week after having a baby and with others a long time afterwards. The first 6 weeks after you're supposedly extra fertile, but I think they may just want you to lay off for time to heal and 'cause it's really easy to get an infection. Just go with your instincts and take a test in a week or two to be sure. :)

mrsladyface
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:48 PM

I went to a parenting class this past week and was told by the RN that you can get pregnant again as early as 3 weeks after giving birth and you are more likely to get pregnant right after giving birth... I would take a test as soon as you think it would show!!!

butterflycircle
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:48 PM

There is of course thinging you can do but wait and see b/c you don't know when you might ovulate even at this point. I don't really have any advice I didn't have sex until 5-6 weeks pp with my first and it was not good so we waited a few more weeks and with my last I was between 6-8 weeks b/c I was scared to do it b/c of how it felt after my first birth (of course with my first birth I had stitches too though). 

Xanbuttsmom
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 5:05 PM
2 moms liked this
No bashing. I just don't know how you could have sex so soon. don't was scared to have my ladybug touched until 8 weeks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured