Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 weeks PP did someyhing stupid PLEASE NO BASHING

Posted by   + Show Post
I had unprotected sex with hubby 3 days ago. Yesterday I had a little spotting for about an hour. I stopped bleeding from birth after the first week. I'm terrified I maybe got pregnant again. Again please no lectures or judging.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:17 PM
Replies (31-40):
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:47 AM

if your are bf i really wouldnt worry to much.

just be careful from now on.

BaBeezandMe
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:49 AM

No bashing from me Momma.  I hope you are ok.

hugging

LoveOfWisdom
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:51 AM
My cousin did this and they are expecting #4 any day now lol. Good luck!!
Lorena
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:53 AM
I got PG with ds2 2 1/2-3mos after I had ds1. I gave birth to him 1week before ds1's first birthday. Then got PG with twins when ds2 was 6mos old. No bashing here.
LoveOfWisdom
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:53 AM
Oh and a GF of mine, she was 4w pp
ACsLady
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:03 AM

My hubby and I waited 4 weeks after our first, 2 weeks after our second, and 3 weeks after our third. We've never used any form of prevention. We leave the number and spacing of our children up to Jesus.

As long as you haven't resumed ovulation, you'll be fine. I've gotten pregnant at 4.5 months PP and 8 months PP twice. I didn't start gearing up for ovulation until my babies were sleeping long stretches at night (and therefore not nursing as often) and/or they started solid foods. It's taken about two months each time for my cycle to get back to normal and ovulation to actually happen. I've never gotten a period back between children, so I do my best to pay attention to what's going on with my body. I've gotten better at it even though I can't actually chart my cycle while nursing...everything is just too erratic.

So, my advice is just to learn your body. Chart your cycle and pay attention during the PP weeks and months. As many others have mentioned, on and off spotting and bleeding is normal, especially if you're doing more than you should physically. Spotting after sex can be pretty common too. It's possible you could have gotten pregnant, but not likely. :)

purvislets
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Wait two weeks and take a test.  If it's negative, wait another week and test again.  Definitely no more unprotected sex for now unless you are wanting to conceive again so quickly.  I know quite a few women who have gotten positive pregnancy tests at their 6 week check up.  I'd go buy a box of condoms and have them on hand at all times!

ZanderandBella
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:04 AM

I wouldn't freak out. We got pregnant when my son was 2 months old lol! Totally not planned but you can be very fertile right after giving birth so just be careful. I would just wait and test but I spotted before getting pregnant with my daughter just because I had given birth.

PinkParadox
1 mom liked this
It is what it is.
AtiFreeFalls
1 mom liked this
Quoting TTC2Long:

This is completely false. There is absolutely no physiological reason a woman is super fertile in the 6 weeks post partum, and it is one of my biggest pet peeves when people say there is.

Actually, its quite unlikely that you will ovulate for at least 4 weeks even if you're not breastfeeding, and if you ARE breastfeeding the risk is further reduced.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured