Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

3 weeks PP did someyhing stupid PLEASE NO BASHING

Posted by   + Show Post
I had unprotected sex with hubby 3 days ago. Yesterday I had a little spotting for about an hour. I stopped bleeding from birth after the first week. I'm terrified I maybe got pregnant again. Again please no lectures or judging.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:17 PM
Replies (41-50):
Lizzys_mommy13
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Things happen. Just let your Dr know at your 6 week check up so that you can be checked down the road. 

AtiFreeFalls
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:06 AM
Op, the spotting was likely due to the sex itself. Don't freak out too much. It happens, but pregnancy this soon after birth is pretty rare. Just get a birth control plan in place. Have you considered the morning after pill? Its most effective within 3 days but can be used up to 5 days later.
dcdmattison03
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Dont freak out, what's done is done. Just use protection next time

sweet_bumblbee
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:07 AM

I got pregnant with my second child right after having my first. It was a c section. They are called Irish twins lol. My 2 nd gets to be the same age as her sister for the week. So Natalie is 11, Trinity will turn 11 before Natalie turns 12. I hope that makes since. So if you are try not to worry I wouldn't go back and change a thing.

Proud_Muslimah
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

If its mean to be its meant to be. Don't stress!

Mommynwife26
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:22 AM
This.

Quoting juniebug11:

I had sex 3 weeks pp too, but we were careful. Good luck! Try not to stress, Ive never heard of it happening that fast, but I'm sure it has.

blue_elephant
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:24 AM
I got pregnant 2 weeks after having my first.
It was not sex though it was rape, but none the less I still got pregnant, I was 6 weeks 5 days according to u/s at my 8 week pp checkup

Quoting juniebug11:

I had sex 3 weeks pp too, but we were careful. Good luck! Try not to stress, Ive never heard of it happening that fast, but I'm sure it has.

blue_elephant
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:27 AM
Also I know its not 2 weeks exactly but he was a big baby, he was 7pounds 1.4 ounces at birth and he was born at 36 weeks so thew u/s could have been off on dates

Quoting blue_elephant:

I got pregnant 2 weeks after having my first.

It was not sex though it was rape, but none the less I still got pregnant, I was 6 weeks 5 days according to u/s at my 8 week pp checkup

Quoting juniebug11:

Teascha
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:29 AM

You can get pregnant much earlier than that haha When I was going in to the OB with our second, I met a lady with a six week old newborn and she was five weeks pregnant again. I didn't think it was even possible until I overheard part of her conversation with the doctor! I thought that was insane and took much better precautions from then out lol

Quoting mrsladyface:

I went to a parenting class this past week and was told by the RN that you can get pregnant again as early as 3 weeks after giving birth and you are more likely to get pregnant right after giving birth... I would take a test as soon as you think it would show!!!

shilohkitten
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:33 AM

I bled for 6wks at least pp, so I think it's normal.  As soon as you start moving around and walking more you'll probably bleed more too.  It's always possible that you got pg but oh well, what can you do about it now?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)