Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Did you have a 'big' baby?

So my first was 6lb 13oz born on his due date. And I knowww ultrasound isn't always correct and all butttt last Monday at 37w he measured in ultrasound already 7lbs (bigger then my first at birth :(! ) and my belly is measuring a week ahead. I'm just kind of nervous I'm going to have a big baby. Did anyone have wrong measurements and still had a small baby or I'm I seriously looking at a 9-10lb baby it I go past my due date (I'm 38 weeks and not looking like I'm going anytime soon 1cm)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:34 AM
Replies (11-20):
mama2gg
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Don't trust us for shit lol

They told me ds would be 8.3 he was 6.4 they can and are often off by 2lbs either way
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
msswisher08
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:16 AM
My first measured about 7lbs he was 7 lbs8oz. Second was measuring big he was 9lbs 8Oz 3Rd measured again 7lbs she was 7lbs 8oz
ncohetero
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:18 AM
My daughter was 7.9lbs born at 40 weeks
My son was born 8.7lbs at 38 weeks- he was a big baby and would have easily been 10lbs at 40 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wantn1more
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:38 AM
My boys were 9 and 10 lbs. This little girl is measuring well over 6 at 33 weeks. 7 lbs is not a big baby!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommieofII
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:14 AM

My first baby was 8lbs 9 oz and the doc said she was a 7.5 lb baby a week before in ulrasound.. My youngest was 7 13

Maks1mommy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:16 AM
Doctors said my dd would be MAYBE 7 pounds. She was 8.5 pounds. Dicks.
sissy852
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:18 AM
my first was 6 14 but he was born 3 weeks early. I got nervous with my 22 week ultrasound the esimated weight was 1 pound 4 oz. With ds1 at the same stage was only 14 oz
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redvelvet42
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:27 AM
#1 wz 7 lbs 9 oz
# 2 wz 8 lbs 3 oz
#3 wz 8 lbs 8 oz
# 4 wz 5 lbs 14 oz ( a premie)

so yeah sometimes they do get bigger
fancyjane
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:27 AM
They can be off by 2 lbs. I don't even know why they do these ultrasounds. My babies are small, but I have had at least 2 of them declared "huge" before birth. None of them were over 7 lbs. (They come a little on the early side.)
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:33 AM

With my first had an ultrasound very early one due to pains. But with her I was always showing 2 weeks ahead. Which can be normal. She was 6lbs 10oz

My second they kept trying to tell me she as going to be 9-10lbs. Based off an ultrasound, how big I looked, possible GD(which I had no clue my Dr put this down till I was in labor in the hospital) and that I was showing 4 weeks ahead. I had a 6lb 3oz little girl. You should have seen the look on all there faces. 

My third I never had an ultrasound. With her I was showing 2-5 weeks ahead. I was 5 weeks a few days before I had her. She was 8lbs 14oz but we know she was a bit more when born. Since she pooped and peed right after she came out. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN