Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Did you have a 'big' baby?

So my first was 6lb 13oz born on his due date. And I knowww ultrasound isn't always correct and all butttt last Monday at 37w he measured in ultrasound already 7lbs (bigger then my first at birth :(! ) and my belly is measuring a week ahead. I'm just kind of nervous I'm going to have a big baby. Did anyone have wrong measurements and still had a small baby or I'm I seriously looking at a 9-10lb baby it I go past my due date (I'm 38 weeks and not looking like I'm going anytime soon 1cm)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:34 AM
Replies (41-50):
JadeTigr7
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Ultrasounds can be wrong up to 2lbs.  I wouldn't worry about their weight estimates.

My 4th daughter was 22 3/8" and 9lbs 5oz.  She was my easiest birth, I had her at home.

My hardest birth was my 6lbs 11oz daughter.  I had her in the hospital. 

lovelychaos13
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:45 PM

my 6 lb 12 oz girl was not the 10+ lbs claimed, and  asshat dr clamed that was current size 4 weeks before due date. i had her 6 days early induced vbac. but i think asshat exagerated because he was saying you will never do a vbac you will fail its easier on us to cut you open again. oh boy did my reg ob rip him a new one for upsetting me.

ultrasounds can be  off by alot, whats sad is  when it happens and they induce ect and it then becomes apparent that baby is pre-mature... odds are yous u/s is off, its only a guess. but also with you mesuring a week ahead your duie date is also a guess, you could actually be 39 weeks right now. your body can do amazing things with delivering a baby

summerbear
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:43 PM
My first was 8lb 15oz. Had her vaginally with no pain meds. I had no estimated measurements for her. #2 was 9lb 2oz. They said she would be over 10 pounds. #3 was 8lb 6oz. They said he was at least 11 pounds and wanted to induce me a week earlier. I refused.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tjane3000
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:54 PM
I went into labor with ds on his dd and he was 9'4. Labor wasn't bad but I pushed for two hrs and it was the worst two hrs of my life! I'm a petite girl 5'2 120lbs and have no hips... Well I do now! Lol either way I had him natural and he was healthy and the sewed me back up and I was fine haha I did say I wouldn't have any more though and I'm now pregnant with #2... On purpose lol it's all worth it!
sassysuie
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:27 PM

I had an 8 and a half pound baby at 39 weeks. Then I had a 7 and a half pound baby at 38 weeks 5 days. I think I just am always gonna have big babies.

ShesALady
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:45 PM
My first was 9lbs 12oz and my second was 8lbs 5oz. First I pushed for maybe 25 min. My second I pushed for 5 minutes. I think second babies come much easier. You'll be ok and yes ultrasounds can be wrong.
arigdon4
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:07 AM
This is my first but monday (37w4d) Riley was measuring 7lb 12oz and over 19inches...i know its just an estimate but still......
Oh, at at 35weeks my belly was measuring 38 so...yeah.

Good luck..we'll see how big he really is when he gets here :)
1stTimeMom1982
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:28 AM
My dd was 7 lbs 14 oz. I had her a wk before my due date
shortyali
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:18 AM
With DS1 they told me to expect 9-10 pounds and he was born at 7lbs 6ozs. I had him 1 day before his due date. My DD they didnt expect to be more than 5lbs (she stopped growing at 34 weeks) and she was birn at 5lbs 14ozs. I had her by scheduled section at 38+4. My DS2 they told me to expect a 10-11 pounder and he was 7lbs 8ozs. With my first 2 I always measured 2-3 weeks behind. With my last he was always 3-4 weeks ahead. My last dr appt , 2 days before I had him, I was measuring 44 weeks when I was 39+3. He was also a scheduled section.
lillucky8
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:19 AM
I was told at 35 wks dd was fully baked and going to be enormous. She was born 37wk 5 days and was 7lb6oz. I wouldnt worry too much :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)