Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Did you have a 'big' baby?

So my first was 6lb 13oz born on his due date. And I knowww ultrasound isn't always correct and all butttt last Monday at 37w he measured in ultrasound already 7lbs (bigger then my first at birth :(! ) and my belly is measuring a week ahead. I'm just kind of nervous I'm going to have a big baby. Did anyone have wrong measurements and still had a small baby or I'm I seriously looking at a 9-10lb baby it I go past my due date (I'm 38 weeks and not looking like I'm going anytime soon 1cm)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:34 AM
Replies (81-84):
ACsLady
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Mine have all been average/smaller end of average.

First was 7 lbs. 9 oz. Second was 7 lbs. 7 oz. Third was 6 lbs. 8 oz, but she came a month earlier than the others.

Generally speaking, women tend to have larger babies as they go. So, having a bigger baby than your first wouldn't be anything surprising. 9-10 lbs. really isn't bad. It's just the larger end of average really. You can totally do it. :) Position is everything with bigger babies, so as long as you're free to move around and deliver in whatever position is comfortable for you, you'll be fine.

sep18mom
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:36 AM
My baby was 8.2
KRYSTALK1013
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Nope. I was told my daughter would be about 7.5 pounds at birth 3 days before she was born. When she came, she was half an ounce shy of 6 pounds. My little peanut.

RunningMommaof2
by Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:01 AM
My first was 9.6lbs and my second was 8.0lbs. Don't worry about size! You can do it!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)