Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

So, I've worked in schools and my mother has worked in nursing homes and we know there is a change in the behavior of people on a full moon.  

My mother believes it can affect labor as well.  

What are your thoughts or experiences on that?  

by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:53 AM
Replies (11-20):
GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:00 PM

I went into labor with my first when it was a full moon. When we went into the hospital all the birthing rooms were full along with the triage and every empty room in pediatrics-full of birthing women/women who just gave birth. I labored in the circ room and delivered naturally in the OR while the lady after me labored in the hallway. Lol!! I really have clue whether the moon had a thing to do with it though. I did overhear nurses talking about how it's never been that full or busy before and that it was a full moon. ;-)

One-n-Counting
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:03 PM

The moon’s gravitational pull effects the amniotic fluid in much the same way as it effects the water in the sea, rivers and even the water that’s otherwise found in our bodies.

“There are published works that show that there is such a relationship. One study4 looked at 5,927,978 French births occurring between the months of January 1968 and the 31st December 1974. Using spectral analysis, it was shown that there are two different rhythms in birth frequencies: –a weekly rhythm characterized by the lowest number of births on a Sunday and the largest number on a Tuesday and an annual rhythm with the maximum number of births in May and the minimum in September-October. A statistical analysis of the distribution of births in the lunar month shows that more are born between the last quarter and the new moon, and fewer are born in the first quarter of the moon. The differences between the distribution observed during the lunar month and the theoretical distribution are statistically significant.” – Source: Full moon, Gravitational Pull and Childbirth, Birthsource.com

rayroe2
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:13 PM

When is the next full moon!!? lol =] I keep having dreams my water is going to break. I am 39wks and I heard that when its a full moon some woman's water breaks.

rayroe2
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Its says the next full moon will be December 28th a day before my bday. I will already have the baby by then.

anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:35 PM

It's about a week before my due date.  My mother is convinced I will go into labor on the 28th.  

Quoting rayroe2:

Its says the next full moon will be December 28th a day before my bday. I will already have the baby by then.

rayroe2
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:46 PM

I got my fingers crossed for you!! that is exciting to be able to experince that if it happens.

Quoting anxiousschk:

It's about a week before my due date.  My mother is convinced I will go into labor on the 28th.  

Quoting rayroe2:

CafeMom Tickers
mommaboudreaux
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:09 PM

I find it to be true.  It was so strange though with DS2, I was due January 7th and the full moon in november I had 24 hours straight of contractions, they go so bad I had to take my procardia (I had had preterm labor problems and was prescribed that medicine just in case).  Then, in December when there was a full moon and I was actually 37w and could have had him I didn't have ONE lol!

summerbear
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:06 PM
Full moon dates/actual birth dates:
October 2nd/October 1st (maybe)
Feb 28th/Feb 22nd (no)
July 15/July 26th (no)
May 25th/ due date May 29th (we will see)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rayawni
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:30 AM
Yes and rainy weather or weather changes. This last full moon was a doozy for us.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
november117
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 3:48 AM
I was full term around the last full moon and nada. As a matter of fact I am 39/1 today and still nada.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)