Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Friends ultrasound pic! Opinions wanted please

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:09 PM
  • 12 Replies

So here is the story, this is my friends ultrasound pic from her last ultrasound. She showed it to her OB already, OB has no idea what it is, but she did say she doesnt think the arrow is pointed to the gender. I figured Id post it for her so she can get some input about it, since she cant post anon here ( she is embarassed about it), I told her id do it :) Im going to post 2 pictures, one is the original the other is what he husband THINKS he sees!! Oh she was 29 weeks when these were done.  She is now 34 weeks. She doesnt want to get another ultrasound done because she believes they are bad for the baby.

Thank you ladies in advance :)

Here is the original picture.

Here is the husbands edit to it

by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoveMyTiny
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:19 PM

I don't think it's twins.. It may be but I don't really know, it'd be really hard to get both babies gender in one picture, and twin unless Identical are in separate sacs so you wouldn't be able to get them that close. When I got my ultrasound they couldn't get the twins in one pic at just 12 weeks and definately not now that I'm 31. They'd have to be in exactly the right position/place, once again though I can't tell but if it is then congrats on the surprise baby!

Queen_Sheila
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:21 PM

I can't make heads or tails of it (no pun intended), but I'm not an ultrasound tech.

ilostmy_keys
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

uhm yeah i'm not one to jump to twins but that is pretty strange! that's what i thought at first.

ilostmy_keys
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:22 PM

So wait did they tell her what she's having?

mandy1017
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Im with you on this, I dont think they can get them in the same shot. And so far there is only one baby head they can find. I do know she is measuring about 5-6 weeks ahead. But lots of women measure ahead even with singleton pregnancies.

Quoting LoveMyTiny:

I don't think it's twins.. It may be but I don't really know, it'd be really hard to get both babies gender in one picture, and twin unless Identical are in separate sacs so you wouldn't be able to get them that close. When I got my ultrasound they couldn't get the twins in one pic at just 12 weeks and definately not now that I'm 31. They'd have to be in exactly the right position/place, once again though I can't tell but if it is then congrats on the surprise baby!

mandy1017
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:29 PM

The tech said he thinks boy, but he isnt sure. The baby hasnt been cooperative when she has had ultrasounds.

Quoting ilostmy_keys:

So wait did they tell her what she's having?

blue_elephant
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I can't edit, but I think the baby is a boy and what hubby drew as a girl I think is the side of baby, where the arrow is says boy, and the other "legs" you see is babies belly and arm. This is just what I *think*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
una1
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:53 PM
This

Quoting Queen_Sheila:

I can't make heads or tails of it (no pun intended), but I'm not an ultrasound tech.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angela4boys
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Definitely not twins, but I can't see gender
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Randi02
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:24 PM
Baby looks like a boy. Legs up in the air, and what the husband has circled blue is baby's bent arm. It looks like a shot of baby laying on their back, and what's up front is butt and legs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)