Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

car accident - UPDATE

Posted by   + Show Post
Got in a car accident. Nothing bad. Lady hit us. Passenger side of the front end. Grill is messed up, hood and front end scratched and dented. The lady's tie rod broke and headlight busted. I jerked forward a tadbit, not much. No pains or anything and my bf insists on going to hospital. To get checked but Baby is moving and kicking like normal... I feel fine. I dont see the need to unless I got hit or jerked really bad or if baby isn't moving or if I'm in pain.

Update: I read all your response ladies. I didn't ignore them. Just got back from hospital. Heart rate was fine, placemats and fluid fine. Baby moving and fine as well. They gave me I.v. because apparently I had some contractions uterus was irritated. But doc said was either from stress, dehydration. They tried giving me I.v. in left hand...I cried. They fished it around deep. Then got it in right-hand no problem. So now I'm home resting. Told me take it easy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:12 PM
Replies (11-20):
monkeybelle83
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Its important that you get checked out. Sometimes the pain shows up later, especially for things like whiplash. I was in an accident on the 26th of November. Not fun.

lillucky8
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 5:18 PM
I would get checked out, better safe than sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soaringflutes
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Sometimes symptoms don't show up for several weeks.  I think it's prudent to see a doctor, even if you and baby feel fine.

GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 5:56 PM

I agree on getting checked out. They should be able to check the water sack and things too to make sure the crash didn't cause a small tear or anything like that.

musicpisces
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 5:58 PM
Definitely worth going in. They'll check the fetal heart rate and maybe monitor you for a bit to check on the baby. If you're Rh-, and your hubby is Rh+, they'll give you a RhoGAM shot to make sure you don't have any blood issues.
mama-smurf
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:55 PM
We have to pay for her car to be fixed.

Quoting mommyof2kids306:

Go to be safe better safe than sorry I always say and if its her fault she has to pay

Quoting mama-smurf:

Got in a car accident. Nothing bad. Lady hit us. Passenger side of the front end. Grill is messed up, hood and front end scratched and dented. The lady's tie rod broke and headlight busted. I jerked forward a tadbit, not much. No pains or anything and my bf insists on going to hospital. To get checked but Baby is moving and kicking like normal... I feel fine. I dont see the need to unless I got hit or jerked really bad or if baby isn't moving or if I'm in pain.

mama-smurf
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:02 PM
Bump. Updated.
soaringflutes
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:05 PM

I'm so glad to hear that you and baby are okay.  Sorry that IV hurt so bad!

Angela4boys
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Glad everything is well!
mama-smurf
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:37 PM
Thanks. Ugh the lady was swishing it around. I could feel every inch of it under my skin.

Quoting soaringflutes:

I'm so glad to hear that you and baby are okay.  Sorry that IV hurt so bad!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)