Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

car accident - UPDATE

Posted by   + Show Post
Got in a car accident. Nothing bad. Lady hit us. Passenger side of the front end. Grill is messed up, hood and front end scratched and dented. The lady's tie rod broke and headlight busted. I jerked forward a tadbit, not much. No pains or anything and my bf insists on going to hospital. To get checked but Baby is moving and kicking like normal... I feel fine. I dont see the need to unless I got hit or jerked really bad or if baby isn't moving or if I'm in pain.

Update: I read all your response ladies. I didn't ignore them. Just got back from hospital. Heart rate was fine, placemats and fluid fine. Baby moving and fine as well. They gave me I.v. because apparently I had some contractions uterus was irritated. But doc said was either from stress, dehydration. They tried giving me I.v. in left hand...I cried. They fished it around deep. Then got it in right-hand no problem. So now I'm home resting. Told me take it easy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:12 PM
Replies (31-33):
mama-smurf
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 4:35 PM
Can't...our fault too.. we don't have insurance on the car so we got lucky. We been so busy and such we forgot to pay insurance on the car.

Quoting Rayawni:

I'd be fighting that one. That's bs.

mama-smurf
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 4:39 PM
Can't. We didn't have insurance on he car andpolice said doesn't matter, we at fault. We just going to pay tax time comes and then learn from our stupidity. Sucks though. I was going to use tax money on the kids every year for a great birthday. Ds will be 5 in February, ddi will be 2 in February.

Quoting Rayawni:

I'd be fighting that one. That's bs.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Happy you went in.  I am happy baby is doing well too

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)