Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I need the help of teen moms and mother of pregnant teenagers

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:56 PM
  • 43 Replies

Sooo, yeah well I'm 16 and I might be pregnant. I need advice on how to break the news to my parents. We do not have a good relationship and I am terrified that they'll hate me and my child. My boyfriend of 9 1/2 months, also the baby's father, and I have gotten in trouble for having sex before and they forbid me from seeing him for 3 months and I'm afraid that they'll forbid us from being together and from seeing his child. How should I tell my parents that I might be pregnant? If you can give me any advice I will be appreciated.

by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissTacoBell
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Well, they can't forbid him from seeing his child nor can they tell you what to do after the baby is born because having a baby emancipates you as far as I understand.

Just come up with a plan and have it ready when you tell them. If they kick you out go to a police station and report it so you can't be charged as a runaway (and the people you stay with from being charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor). They may force your parents to take you back in though. But it's worth the risk.

My best advice is, if you plan to have the baby, get your plan together. Where are you going to live, with the dad or no? Will you finish school or just study for your GED? Will you go to college (since you will get a full ride plus some living expenses in your situation I STRONGLY suggest this).

Also get a job to buy baby's things.

Most important: no matter how much the dad assures you he'll be there and take care of you, and no matter what promises people make you, have a backup plan to go it alone because that baby is DEPENDING on you to be there and support it. You're done with the part of your life where you're the supported, now you are the supporter.

Best of luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wantn1more
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:07 PM
Honey, you're going to be a mom now and have to grow up much faster than you can imagine. This is your chance to prove that you can be mature. Your parents will be hurt and worried about you, but that's because they love you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamaof32012
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Have his parents come over and tell them all together they can't force you to do anything because ur the one in charge of your lil one not them what's the most there gonna do kick you out see I was 15 when I had my son but my parents were supportive they can't stop him from seeing his baby 

Shaketa123
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Ohhh, I have been there I'm 19 and I'm like 30wks pregnant my parents well my dad was strict and I was afraid to tell him and so I waited and it was only getting worse and the guy I gt pregnant by is from Austrailia but he is here with me since I'm pregnant well every Sunday we go out to eat and so we had went to Chilis and I told them there were they couldn't make a big scene and well I got kicked out..but my advice to you is tell them when you are ready and if your not sure get a blood test b/c i took the pregnancy test 7 times b4 I could be sure...Just make sure your ready..I hope this helps

smileychild123
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:14 PM

I have no clue how to tell them because every time I go to say it I freeze up because I've had a pregnancy scare before and my mother had reacted not badly, but she said she'd kick my ass if I ever had sex again. I don't have a job and I don't have my license. I have absolutely no money and I'm scared that I'll be a horrible mother because of my family (they can be VERY harsh and my grandparents are the worse)

Mamaof32012
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:18 PM

I would sit your mom down and tell her first nd let her tell your dad since she didn't take the scare to badly but she can't put her hands on you cuz your pregnant

smileychild123
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:22 PM

I have no idea what to say though. I just cannot seem to get the word 'pregnant' out of my mouth.

Mamaof32012
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Tell her she's gonna be a grandma 

smileychild123
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:29 PM

I just feel bad for bringing a child into this whole mess. I don't feel like I could be a good mother because i'm so young and immature

babie113
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:32 PM
3 moms liked this

find out for sure first

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)