Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How long is the hospital stay?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:04 AM
  • 47 Replies
assuming both mom and baby are doing well with no complications, generally how long is the hospital stay?
Vaginal delivery......
C-section.......

I'm trying to decide what to pack for dh and I in the hospital bag and how much. Its like 2 nights, right?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
awelch
by Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:07 AM
They usually keep you 48 hours for vaginal. Not sure about the c section. One thing I wasn't prepared for: I had my son at 2 in the morning on a Saturday. So they didn't release me until Tuesday morning :/.
hurst0three
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:35 AM

My hospital keeps mamas 48 hrs after baby is born. I had my baby on Monday afternoon and stayed in the hospital til Wednesday afternoon. It will depend on the hospital and drs but normally its 48 hrs for vaginal and 72 hrs for c/s. Good luck!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
kbrooke09
by Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:37 AM
I had a vaginal birth and left after 24 hours. They said if I had a c section I could leave after 48
court.0125
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:37 AM
I had my son late Thursday night via emergency c-section, we went home Sunday afternoon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
summerbear
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:38 AM
48 hours vaginal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs.Martinez201
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:39 AM
I.delivered dd vaginal. and went home the next day. ds was c section and we stayed two nights
norwgnwood
by Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:40 AM
Vaginal - 24 hours wish
C section - 3 days
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:41 AM
I had a csection with ds on a Monday was home wed... had one with dd on Friday was home sunday
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:42 AM
I was there from Friday morning to Monday afternoon. My c section was late Friday night. My hospital won't release patients on Sundays and they don't do some procedures on Sundays. this time around my c section will be Thursday and I will be released Monday. I know they will keep me there Sunday because it will be Easter
court.0125
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:43 AM
That's strange. I went home this year on Easter Sunday.

Quoting Firenygirl180:

I was there from Friday morning to Monday afternoon. My c section was late Friday night. My hospital won't release patients on Sundays and they don't do some procedures on Sundays. this time around my c section will be Thursday and I will be released Monday. I know they will keep me there Sunday because it will be Easter
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)