Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Home Births

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:13 AM
  • 9 Replies
So I'm on Baby 3 and we've decided to use a midwife and birthing center. Well, we're going to have to move in January, I'm due end of March. The town we're moving to is much smaller and they have midwives but no birthing center. I really would rather not do it in the hospital, haven't had bad experiences but I'd rather not have anymore experiences period.

The thought of a "Home Birth" is kind of scary to me though. I'm sure it's not different than a birthing center, but it seems like it. I was wondering if you ladies had any advice/experiences you'd like to share about your home births.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
doulala
by Emerald Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:12 AM

I hope you can find comfort & reassurance knowing that a birth center birth is the same as a home birth only more convenient for the birthing family.
    :-)

What scares you about home birthing?

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Prepare yourself! Homebirth is no different than a birthing center- and is much safer for normal, healthy, low-risk pregnancies than a hospital. :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
JadeTigr7
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:40 AM

Do you have any specific questions?  I've never had a birthing center birth, but I've had a homebirth, and will be having another one in Feb.

mama2gg
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:09 AM
I would totally do home birth if I wasn't on blood thinners and a first time vbac
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:15 AM

We had a home birth with our third. It was amazing. We are currently pregnant and going to have our second home birth. We had our first at a free standing birth center. There were differences but not to many. I was just not home and someone else was there giving birth. But it is totally different then a hospital birth. 

orangeshirt
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:48 AM
I've had two birth center births and my next will be a HB. I can tell you that so far, my experience hasn't been a lot different, but I do like knowing that I won't have to pack up the kids and labor stuff to go somewhere else. Plus, people will be on my turf, so I feel more in control.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
awelch
by Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:47 PM
I think most of my fears are just the "What If". My two previous pregnancies went off without a hitch, so there should be nothing to worry about. I think my biggest fear is that something will go wrong and we won't be able to get medical help in time.
kcangel63
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:57 PM
Will be having my 5th home birth any day. Study the "what ifs". Knowledge is the key.
AtiFreeFalls
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Quoting awelch:

I think most of my fears are just the "What If". My two previous pregnancies went off without a hitch, so there should be nothing to worry about. I think my biggest fear is that something will go wrong and we won't be able to get medical help in time.

Make a list of your "what ifs" and take it to your midwife!  She will be able to assauge some of your fears :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)