Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

christmas ornaments

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:43 AM
  • 6 Replies
Do you add to your collection each year?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lillucky8
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:43 AM
I recently had to switch out many of my glass ornaments for plastic so my mini mes didnt break them. I think we are going to start a tradition that we let them choose a new ornaments each year and when they move out they get to take them :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elizabg
by Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:46 AM

Every year we take the kids to pick out ornaments.  They each get to pick out one to add to the tree.  Also they usually make one at daycare/school to add to the collection too.  This is one of my favorite traditions that my mom did for us growing up.  Each ornament on her tree has a story behind it.  My siblings loved decorating the tree every year and remembering the stories behind each ornament.  

JadeTigr7
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:53 AM

We get a family ornament every year.

anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:23 AM

We add some years, not others.  We have various collections and those get added to each year.  

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Yes my kids aways have one they bring home from school with there picture on it. I love that and looking back at them when we take it all out to put on the tree. :)

SweetPea2004
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Quoting lillucky8:

I recently had to switch out many of my glass ornaments for plastic so my mini mes didnt break them. I think we are going to start a tradition that we let them choose a new ornaments each year and when they move out they get to take them :)

Dd gets a new ornament every year and once she hit 1st grade ilet her pick her ornament. When she settles down in the far future I will give them to her.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)