Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I be worried about this?????

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:29 AM
  • 9 Replies
So I'm 34 weeks tomorrow and high risk due to pre exisiting health issues. The baby is doing great except she's on the big side (6 lbs 2 oz last week). My NST and biophysical profile were normal except my fluid is borderline low.
All that aside, I've been having this sharp stabbing pain at what would be approx the top of my fundus. Its one spot that feels bruised when you touch it and flares up if I cough or move funny. Because of its location I've sort of ruled out round ligament pain.... Could this just be something muscular or is it time to say something about it? Its going on (off and on) for a couple of weeks... Its just been really bad in the last several days.
Any thoughts or insight would be greatly appreciated!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MyLittlePwny
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I had that same pain with this last pregnancy.  Everything turned out fine for me and baby was healthy.  I don't think it would hurt to bring it up at your next appointment and see what they say.

willsmoms
by Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I have that too. My doc said sometime babies have a favorite spot they like to stay. It is actually a bruise. Hopefully the baby will move soon and you will not be in as much pain. Good luck.

Wantn1more
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:00 PM
Thanks ladies!! Its been 18 years since I was pregnant with my first and 12 since my last..... So this is starting all over again!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by Emerald Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Do you notice when baby moves?
Any history of heartburn?
Have you tried adjusting baby's positioning?

Wantn1more
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:49 PM
Its more when I move.... If I feel her knee there I'll gently move it, but it seems to be more external than internal if that makes sense? I guess I got myself all worried because that's about where my placenta is as well.... But I have nothing else going on (other than the fluid issue) to make me worry about a placental separation issue.

Quoting doulala:

Do you notice when baby moves?
Any history of heartburn?
Have you tried adjusting baby's positioning?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by Emerald Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:53 PM

I wonder if there is a knee or heel kicking that spot, maybe pressing into an organ.  ?    That could her/be sore...

sj3starz
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:07 PM
The fluid issue could be from not drinking enough water. Not sure how much you drink per day, but make sure you are very hydrated! :-) Sounds like the other pain is just baby beating you up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Wantn1more
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:52 PM
I drink at least 3 liters of water per day plus one cup of coffee, a diet caffeine soda, and usually some sugar free koolaid too...
Maybe it is her repeatedly kicking me there. All I know is it sure hurts today!!!

Thanks for the response!!

Quoting sj3starz:

The fluid issue could be from not drinking enough water. Not sure how much you drink per day, but make sure you are very hydrated! :-) Sounds like the other pain is just baby beating you up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:31 AM

It sounds to me like pain from the baby pushing into your ribs. It can actually be a bruise from constant poking from baby's feet. Nothing to worry about. Sometimes it helps to get on your hands and knees and let your belly sag as low as you can. That will give baby room to move down for a bit and give you some relief.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured