Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

So I am due, and looking for ways to start my labor naturally so my doctor does not have to induce me. I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck with doing anything to start their own labors. I'm willing to try anything that is safe for me and the baby. I was induced with my first and do not want to have to do that again. I've heard of some stuff but was wondering if anything has actually worked for actual people. Thanks. 

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:49 AM
Replies (21-28):
doulala
by Emerald Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Baby might be fine now and might be fine after induction, hard to say.     Mom's priorities and values must be considered.     If health & safety are important then avoiding unnecessary risks (like forcing labor) would be relevant.

Quoting AngelNValdez:

Umm im 39 weeks, im full term. My babys fine. I wouldnt induce labor if hes wasnt & I think thats the same for anyone!

doulala
by Emerald Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Yes you might!    That would be great!   ---But it could also still be a few weeks before baby-body are ready for birth, too.
   GL!

Quoting AngelNValdez:

No but Im about to go into labor. Ha. I didntt try to induce myself it just started happening today on its own. I was just saying some people choose to.
AngelNValdez
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Babies lungs are fully developed at 37 weeks & I never said he was ready I just said hes fine. & I am going into labor right now on my way to the hospital I never said I tried to induce I just said why anyone would. & I said why some people wouldnt want to be induced by doctors. look closely at what I said.

Quoting Pandapanda:

So if you're full term and he's ready to come, why are you not in labor?

Labor is triggered when the baby's lungs have finished developing and begins producing one particular hormone.

(I'm playing devil's advocate here. Don't get hissy with me.)

Quoting AngelNValdez:

Umm im 39 weeks, im full term. My babys fine. I wouldnt induce labor if hes wasnt & I think thats the same for anyone!

Quoting Pandapanda:

So.. you're putting comfort before your baby's well-being?

It's tiring and miserable for everyone at the end. But as mothers, we must do what is best for our BABY, not what's more convenient/comfortable for ourselves. Sometimes it's easy to make the mistake of thinking comfort means best for baby. 

Quoting AngelNValdez:

Because its tiring at the end

Quoting doulala:

I didn't understand why you want any induction if you aren't having complications.

Quoting AngelNValdez:

There has been times where getting induced by a doctor can increase chances for a c-section & sometimes could make labor more painful. I would rather induce my labor by myself with walking or with sex than be medically induced.

Quoting doulala:

Why don't you want your doctor to induce you?
(But you want to induce yourself ?)
Are you having complications?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AngelNValdez
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Lol I ment im on my way to the hospital & at 37 weeks or further is when most peoplee would try

Quoting doulala:

Yes you might!    That would be great!   ---But it could also still be a few weeks before baby-body are ready for birth, too.
   GL!

Quoting AngelNValdez:

No but Im about to go into labor. Ha. I didntt try to induce myself it just started happening today on its own. I was just saying some people choose to.

doulala
by Emerald Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Good luck!     It might be soon!
:-)

Quoting AngelNValdez:

Lol I ment im on my way to the hospital & at 37 weeks or further is when most peoplee would try

Quoting doulala:
doulala
by Emerald Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this

No-- They *can* be but babies born at 40 weeks can need NICU time because of preemie-complications....    We can't know until they are born.

There are important reasons we are pregnant until we are not!

;-)

Quoting AngelNValdez:

Babies lungs are fully developed at 37 weeks & I never said he was ready I just said hes fine.
AngelNValdez
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:44 PM
True.

Quoting doulala:

No-- They *can* be but babies born at 40 weeks can need NICU time because of preemie-complications....    We can't know until they are born.

There are important reasons we are pregnant until we are not!

;-)

Quoting AngelNValdez:

Babies lungs are fully developed at 37 weeks & I never said he was ready I just said hes fine.

LittleBirdFly
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Quoting doulala:

Why don't you want your doctor to induce you?
(But you want to induce yourself ?)
Are you having complications?

I think because doing it naturally is better then getting medication to start labor. But yeah either baby comes or not. I am in the same boat. I already got my appointment set for me to be induced. But I am hoping baby decied to come by herself before that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)