Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Had my colposcopy today...

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:39 AM
  • 8 Replies

I'm currently 13 weeks and 1 day pregnant. I had my colpscopy today along with a biopsy due too having serve dysphasia. So looks like ill be a wreck for another week or two until the results get back. The doctor said it didn't look "too bad" and said after I deliver I'll need a LEEP done. I'm still scared as hell, anyone had the LEEP?

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mem82
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:42 AM

i haven't but good luck!

nathansmommy04
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:01 PM

I had a LEEP done in March. I asked to be sedated with Twilight for it and do it at the surgery center instead of the Dr. office. It was pretty quick and done in 30 minutes or so. recovery was not too bad, the first day was bad period cramps and then it wasnt sooo bad. I bleed for about a week. I was nervous too but all my check ups since have been clear.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:51 PM

I hope all is ok!

SkylarBeth
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Nope, but I'm schedualed for one 6 weeks after I give birth in Feb, I was scared too, untill I was assured by a friend that had one. She said its pretty simple, don't plan on going to work that day or the next and try to stay off your feet. I was also told over and over its better to do it now, because its probably NOTHING, but if you let it go...5-20 years it will be bad, so don't worry sweety.

stephanie0688
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:05 PM
I had it done and bled pretty bad..but I bleed a lot anyways. Its no worse then having a baby and if you need it then you need it then you.need it. Its not that bad though I promise!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Praying for you! 

Ginnygurl97
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:11 AM
I've had One. I was never sedated(doc wouldn't even have offered it) and had them done in the office. They gave me Valium to take like 30 mins before. And a lidocaine injection in the area(the really painful part to me anyway) I got numbed up and it was a lot of sharp like pinching, and pressure, and all. I was pretty woozy from all the Valium lol. It wasn't two terrible and I only missed thre days of work, although I could gone back after two. Bled for a few days and cramped. Good luck too you!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommy_of_soon_3
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:17 AM
I also had that procedure Done never a keep but results came back normal even tho they though t otherwise good luck :) hope everything is fine
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)