Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Can't stand the wait!!

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:09 PM
  • 4 Replies

I'm  11 weeks pregnant today, and i am just going crazy! I had my first ultrasound at 6w1d and we saw the little flutter of little bean's heart but could not hear anything. We then did a transvaginal ultrasound and heard one little "swoosh" and that was it but could still see it fluttering. They just told me i was early and told me to come back in 3 weeks. I heard my son's hb at 6w3d, so i got a little worried. Anywho, after that appointment i decided to switch OBs due to the fact that i was really uncomfortable at the place i was going to. There were family "friends" there that I didn't trust much and being that my OB was male, they were always  going to have to be in the room. I really did not like that, so i switched. I went to my new OB at 9w4d and they just did a quick little pelvic check and that was it. They told me to go back in 3 weeks for a 2 hour appointment to basically just meet everyone at the office and talk to a nutritionist and that my following appointment would be my "first" appointment about 3 weeks after that. I asked when they would do an Ultrasound or check for a heartbeat, they said they don't check for a heartbeat until at least 12 weeks and they don't do Ultrasounds in the office and that they only schedule for one at the other office at 20 weeks. Luckily, my mom's friend owns a 3D ultrasound place so i will be able to go to her after Christmas, so i won't have to wait until 20 weeks, but it's still a good wait :( .I'm going crazy not knowing if everything is okay or not. I really am a worry wart. I see so many posts lately on many forums about MC & MMC and it really scares me. I just need better confirmation and not to sure what i can do about it. Anyone else playing the waiting game?

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:27 PM

I didn't even see my baby at all on an ultrasound at 5w6d, it was just an empty sac. We saw/heard her hb a few weeks later. I wouldn't worry! There's really no need to have an ultrasound in early pregnancy unless you're having issues or extremely irregular periods prior to conception. 

ProudMommie1223
by New Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Thanks! :) I know, you're right. I just worry a lot. I've just had many people close to me go through MC this year so it's always on my mind. Gotta try to get myself to stay positive. Can't wait to hear a good strong heartbeat. It will be worth it!

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:54 AM

I never had an ultrasound or tried to hear heartbeat before 12 weeks with either pregnancy. I think you just have to have faith and let go. Worrying about it certainly won't help things. 

chamelinmom
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:44 AM

with all my children(expecting 5th) i never got to see them at all until 20 week. And only heard the HB at 12weeeks with a doppler. This one was a first bc we thought twins and that wasnt until 10wks. Turns out my uterous is just big this time around. Because you have seen the baby and everything looks ok, it lowers your risk of miscarriage a LOT. Cafe mom may not be the best place to be for a few more weeks. There are a lot of women that go though loss. i think one time i heard that 25%miscarry, most before they know they are pregnant(could be higher). I think since you saw the baby on screen it lowers it to like 3-5%, dont quote me on those numbers. Its hard to wait, i think ive had my most ultrasounds with this one and im getting ready to have my 3rd (level 2 wanted me to come back)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)