Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

would this bug you?

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:32 PM
  • 24 Replies
Tonight at awana i was talking to someone and she asked when I was due and all the questions that people normally ask . Well.she also said "i hope this is your last one." This is more then likely our last one but i feel that she had no right saying that. It's none if her business if this is our last one. We only have one other child who is 4 1/2, its not like we have a child every year or so (i mentioned this because we are not in a good financial spot ) I walked away after she said that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmmaGlenn20
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Yeah that was a little rude..

I ran into some random lady at Walmart and she said "Aw, you're pregnant. Your first or second?"

I replied my second, and she said "that's good, that'll be it, then." I smiled and walked away.

Tiffnkids
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:34 PM
Well i have 4 kids and one more due in June..... we might have one each year if we wanted to... and NO ONE should say that to you.... thats just rude!
K-Chan
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this
This one is a boy , most people assume that we are done because we already have a girl but they all ask us, not tell us. It would of been totally different if she asked if we are done after this one.

Quoting EmmaGlenn20:

Yeah that was a little rude..

I ran into some random lady at Walmart and she said "Aw, you're pregnant. Your first or second?"

I replied my second, and she said "that's good, that'll be it, then." I smiled and walked away.

PEEK05
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Yes it would bug me.

mrsniebo
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow, that was rude of her. I wish people would keep their opinions on how others plan their families to themselves.

K-Chan
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:44 PM
I'm not saying having one each year is bad, its just not our thing. We aren't financially in a good spot for that , and i don't believe we ever will be. I have a friend who has 4 kids under the age of 5, i could not do that.

Quoting Tiffnkids:

Well i have 4 kids and one more due in June..... we might have one each year if we wanted to... and NO ONE should say that to you.... thats just rude!
SkylarBeth
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:47 PM
2 moms liked this

I hate people sometimes. The first person I told I was pregnant said to me "You're getting an abortion right?" I'm 29 years old and pregnant with my very first baby, but its not okay with so many people because I'm not married or in a relationship. I don't think people realize the things they say to pregnant women can be so hurtful. Try to brush it off, as an oopps she said something dumb moment.

K-Chan
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:52 PM
Wow, im sorry. This lady speaks her mind no matter what. Up until a few weeks ago I felt that this will be our last baby but now im not too sure. I havent told anyone except dh.

Quoting SkylarBeth:

I hate people sometimes. The first person I told I was pregnant said to me "You're getting an abortion right?" I'm 29 years old and pregnant with my very first baby, but its not okay with so many people because I'm not married or in a relationship. I don't think people realize the things they say to pregnant women can be so hurtful. Try to brush it off, as an oopps she said something dumb moment.

annhart19
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:55 PM
I've been told that by my own parents. This is our third. I don't know if we will have more or not. But the audacity of my own mother and father taking me this. It's horrible and rude. It's nobody's business but ur own how many kids you have
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
K-Chan
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:02 PM
My dad isnt super happy that i'm pregnant but he would never say that to me. He's just worried about us.

Quoting annhart19:

I've been told that by my own parents. This is our third. I don't know if we will have more or not. But the audacity of my own mother and father taking me this. It's horrible and rude. It's nobody's business but ur own how many kids you have
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN